Storage space

amyren

I did initially set up android with 1.5GB file, and I have a 2GB sdcard in my left slot.

In the "installed apps" it shows that I have 1.5GB in total for the internal storage, and memory card shows 2gb.

I was then expecting to see the 1.5gb mounted as sdcard and the left sdcard as sdcard2, OR the 1.5gb as internal memory and the left card as sdcard.

But in the filemanager the /mnt/ folder shows /mnd/scdard2 as my left card, and the /mnt/sdcard is just an empty folder

Is this normal, and is this why I can not use application manager to move any apps to memory card?

Then I have a second question. 

Is it possible to expand my 1.5gb storagespace without setting up android from scratch again (to keep my apps and settings)?

Solved this another way, by using titanium backup to backup all my apps. Then deleted the appdata/gingerbread folder. On the next run android set up a new storage file, so this time I set it to 3900mb.

Then I had to reconfigure android again and restored my apps with titanium backup.

I was trying to find the post, but I thought I saw someone posted a way of increasing the image file size.

^ Gparted can increase the size of the image file generated by the Gingerbread pnd? 

I was thinking it would be some dd command.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How is that done?

I did try gparted before I posted this qustion, but I did not see a way to open a file as a partition. 

I sit possible to mount the file as a virtual disk and then resize it with gparted?

Back