Still No Real Pandoras On Openpandora.org

Pleng

Isn't it about time some photos of a real Pandora went up on the web site?

The Pandora is still getting coverage from external sites and magazines, so first impressions are still being impressed upon new visitors to the site.

GizmoTheGreen said:
Pleng said:
Isn't it about time some photos of a real Pandora went up on the web site?

Seconded, a much better first impression for new people.

Seems to me that maybe the team could do with some kind of 'admin' volunteer to take care of all this kind of thing while they get on with getting on with things. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to remember Craigix saying that the site was going to get an overhaul soon.

No one puts raw photos of actual devices on there websites (apart from maybe some resellers). It's a marketing thing, you make the device look as good as possible. If this means using renders then do it. If people want to see actual photos they'll watch some unboxing video or an independant review, but the main site has one function: to impress the viewer. Make it look like crap and your volumes will go way down.

Squidge said:
No one puts raw photos of actual devices on there websites (apart from maybe some resellers). It's a marketing thing, you make the device look as good as possible. If this means using renders then do it. If people want to see actual photos they'll watch some unboxing video or an independant review, but the main site has one function: to impress the viewer. Make it look like crap and your volumes will go way down.

I understand what you mean, like how nintendo do it.
Those renders look a bit more realistic though, its very obvious the pandora is a 3d render.
thats one of the main things that made my dad think it was a fake, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if anyone is interested in seeing more photos, here are some closeups.

img3315y.th.jpg
img3314i.th.jpg
img3313a.th.jpg

I can take more when time permits, and when I have access to a better camera.

I seem to recall one of our members taking a really nice bunch of product shots

A well touched-up photo can do the Pandora justice. Any flaws in the Panda or in the photo can be easily removed by re-touching. Anyone thinks all those male/female models on the billboards are untouched photos is not getting it. Have you ever seen any of them in real life? Most of them are just as ordinary-looking as anyone else. It's the make-up and the gimping that make you drool over their pictures. Hell, there's even a model (Karolina Kurkova) who has to have a belly-button digitally inserted in her photos coz she doesn't have one!! At least Pandora has all the required buttons in the right place :)

Back