Stepmania

Mistabeen

Still Fresh
Website
openhandhelds.com
Does anyone know if it's possible to port stepmania to the wiz?
I know it might be a bit too much for the wiz, seeing as stepmania is able to render full motion video and 3d characters onscreen too. But there's always the possibility for an interpreter for the stepfiles, perhaps even based on the stepmania source, right?

I've looked around on the file archives but haven't found anything so far for the predecessors of the wiz(or I must have missed it xD)

Mistabeen said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to port stepmania to the wiz?
I know it might be a bit too much for the wiz, seeing as stepmania is able to render full motion video and 3d characters onscreen too. But there's always the possibility for an interpreter for the stepfiles, perhaps even based on the stepmania source, right?

I've looked around on the file archives but haven't found anything so far for the predecessors of the wiz(or I must have missed it xD)

Actually the GP2X had one or two (StepMania-like):

Beat2X - Great one. Not exactly like StepMania but it's really fun.
Beatbox - I never tried this one, just discovered it. heh.

Beat2X is really nice, and some SM packs can be interpreted on it using a pack manager IIRC. Hopefully it would be ported eventually...

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the GPH homepage. They advertise the Wiz with Beat2x so i think they sent miq01 a unit. We will probably see a conversion very soon...

http://www.globalgph.com/m3/sub3.php

Someone in Korean forum reported GP2x version of Beat2x runs on Wiz (but with character mess up)
I haven't try it yet but you might give a shot.

Back