Squidgesnes 0.393 Test

Well, most devvers do stuff for themselves that will also be useful for other people. Reesy released PS simply because SS didn't do what he wanted. It seems to be a port from his Gizmondo version, so I don't think it would have taken that long to get working.

My new SS is released simply because I wanted the best of both worlds.

Reesy will do the same, if he's happen with PS, he'll use that, if he's happy (or happier) with SS, he'll use that. Otherwise he'll create something else.

Just tested the latest test release. Uniracers doesn't boot up anymore (black screen). I think the last version of SS I tried was the previous test release and Uniracers did work in that release (had some sound issues but worked)

craigix posted on Feb 26 2007 at 10:27 AM said:
I'm away at the moment, can someone report on how well this works?

I tried it really briefly yesterday, but it crashed whenever I tried to load a game. I'll probably mess with it more tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tested the latest test release. Uniracers doesn't boot up anymore (black screen). I think the last version of SS I tried was the previous test release and Uniracers did work in that release (had some sound issues but worked)

Uniracers is booting for me and if you enable rasters (to the minumun option) it runs at fullsped with no problems in graphics.
In other games you will see nothing or you will have many problems but not in Uniracers :)

Rivroner posted on Feb 26 2007 at 08:04 PM said:

Uniracers is booting for me and if you enable rasters (to the minumun option) it runs at fullsped with no problems in graphics.
In other games you will see nothing or you will have many problems but not in Uniracers :)

I've had another directory with an old version 0.392 instead of 0.394 of snes and used that one. Stupid..

This version seems to work ok, but I have a lot of sound glitches in uniracers (tried different settings)

Last edited by a moderator:
When saying whether a game works or not, remember to include the graphics renderer (performance or accuracy) and raster settings. The graphics renderer in particular can have a big difference as to whether a game works or not, as things are done very much differently.

I noticed that Mariokart runs at constant 50fps (PAL) if you choose the medium raster settings (and performance renderer). But there are bad graphic errors on the overview map, and the game seems to freeze after half a minute or so. But up until that the game itself runs great ;)

For me, whenever I choose Accuracy rendered and load a game, the program crashes back to gmenu2x.

Using Performance works great though. Some games, such as Assault Suits Valken, have a blank screen with the minimum raster option, but are perfect with full rasters. Ninja Warriors Return gets a massive speedup by choosing Tile Rasters, but there are a couple of black lines marring the top and bottom of the screen.

Back