Squeeking D-Pad

draziw77

Still Fresh
Loving my WIZ but I noticed yesterday that the d-pad started squeeking when I press right. Anyone else experience this? Is it bad? (dpad works fine) If you have experienced this is there a way to stop the squeeking? Once again thanks everyone for your help as always! :)
-Scott

Can't fix it, but it's preventable by not gaming and eating Cheetos simultaneously. The Cheesium messes with the molecular stucture of the plastic. (I jest) I don't know why your D-Pad is squeaking.

mindlord said:
Can't fix it, but it's preventable by not gaming and eating Cheetos simultaneously. The Cheesium messes with the molecular stucture of the plastic. (I jest) I don't know why your D-Pad is squeaking.

lol! Nope, I never eat and game... too hazardous to the game ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine does it too.

I ignore it or at least try to. It's very torture-ish, the little squeek when pressing right...

I have been contemplating pulling the Wiz apart just to clean the D-pad and see if that makes a difference, there might even be a bit of plastic rubbing which could be shaved down.

Slade said:
Mine does it too.

I ignore it or at least try to. It's very torture-ish, the little squeek when pressing right...

I have been contemplating pulling the Wiz apart just to clean the D-pad and see if that makes a difference, there might even be a bit of plastic rubbing which could be shaved down.

Thanks for posting glad I am not the only one. Got unit monday and it started squeeking wednesday. I have not noticed any affected performance yet, the squeeking just drives my fiance nuts ;) lol.
If you do open it and make any changes to rid of squeek plz post.

My Wiz made noise at the beginnig when it was brand new, but after some use that squeek went away. So be patient. ;)

Sorry for my terrible and horrifing english.

raindog said:
My Wiz made noise at the beginnig when it was brand new, but after some use that squeek went away. So be patient. ;)

Sorry for my terrible and horrifing english.

No worries :) Thanks, hope the same holds true for me once its worn in more.

Back