Sqrxz 2 V0.80 (Caanoo)

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
After the success of bringing the classic Sqrxz game to several platforms, it's sequel Sqrxz 2 makes its second release platform on Pandora. Sqrxz 2 is a Jump'n'Run which requires a sharp mind and fast reflexes, high frustration is guaranteed. Ported by no one else than Mr. Pickle himself!

sqrxz2_20122010_184802.jpg

Storyline:
Another day another journey... As living on planet earth and its surrounding solar system seemed boring Sqrxz decided to check out another location in the universe. Just in case and to be extra careful he took a pocketful of emeralds with him to keep him in ready cash, but after starting his exciting journey he realised all his emeralds are suddenly missing! Retracing his steps Sqrxz notices mysterious creatures popping up all over the place to hinder him in his search... Oh what troublesome days... Help poor Sqrxz get back all his emeralds!

Features:
* Tough challenging gameplay – Extremely difficult; not for weaklings!
* Retro graphics!
* Hidden passages to discover!
* 10 tricky n’ hard levels!
* 11 marvellous chiptunes!
* Top 10 highscore!
* Infinite continue mode, which you will need badly in order to practise!

Homepage: http://www.sqrxz2.de

* Feedback and Bugreports are welcome!
* We don't mind donations
* Join us on Facebook!

This is going to be my first post here. Just got my Caanoo on the 3rd, been toying with it since then.

Just wondering, if there was any way to remake or redo it I suppose, so it's the same setup as the first one.

The first one used B to jump and interact with things, the sequel uses A.

If not, I'm sorry. I'm not much of a programmer, but I might give it a try for the Caanoo if I can figure out how to.

noire said:
This is going to be my first post here. Just got my Caanoo on the 3rd, been toying with it since then.

Just wondering, if there was any way to remake or redo it I suppose, so it's the same setup as the first one.

The first one used B to jump and interact with things, the sequel uses A.

If not, I'm sorry. I'm not much of a programmer, but I might give it a try for the Caanoo if I can figure out how to.

hi noire,

please use the key/button configuration submenu. for future releases we will map the default buttons as we did for sqrxz1.

regards
koj

Last edited by a moderator:
You see, I did try that before I posted. For some reason, it froze Sqrxz 2, otherwise I wouldn't have requested.

Had to do a hard power off and reboot.

Just tried again now, with the same problem.

Wait,
I tried it also with the key-config and also it didn't work. Caanoo freezed as you described. Later I tried to config the input with Joystick-config or so and that worked. So I think it's a sdl related problem, because the caanoo keys are mapped as Joystick keys and not at normal keys. But it's annoying that the caanoo crashes if you try to edit the keys wrong.

lenrlad said:
Wait,
I tried it also with the key-config and also it didn't work. Caanoo freezed as you described. Later I tried to config the input with Joystick-config or so and that worked. So I think it's a sdl related problem, because the caanoo keys are mapped as Joystick keys and not at normal keys. But it's annoying that the caanoo crashes if you try to edit the keys wrong.

noted, when i fix up the key configs match I will make a correction for the crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back