Spoke To The Factory

Quagmire.png

If weather remain that bad then the OP Team should hire Rudolf and his fat friend, Santa to deliver our gadgets. They offer one day delivery. "Around the clock. Around the world" - that's their motto. Just think about Christmas.

Lunatic said:
-Image clipped-

High-fives all around.

That's awesome.

It's fantastic to hear that the cases were green lighted, hopefully everything gets shipped before CNY (or at least if they can't ship everything hopefully they can get 2000 or so cases so they can at least start putting them together and sending them out).

Last edited by a moderator:
numfarjoyye22497bc03.jpg

numfar2.gif

That spider scared the shit out of me. Which is weird because I didn't recognize it as a spider at first. Damn arachnophobia.

I guess everything got greenlighted just because I've cancelled my order and got a nokia N900 today because I was tired of waiting for the pandora. Murphy's law anyone?
However I might still consider getting a panda from the second batch. Good luck guys! keep the good work up!

wtf somehow an edit turned into a double post (with a ninja between them).

why no delete button?

kattle87 said:
However I might still consider getting a panda from the second batch. Good luck guys! keep the good work up!
Keep an eye on my 2nd Batch Info thread, and see you soon :)

QUOTE: kattle87:
I guess everything got greenlighted just because I've cancelled my order and got a nokia N900 today because I was tired of waiting for the pandora. Murphy's law anyone?
lol serves you right for listening to the hype. Skimming one of the *many* threads available (or reading pandorapress) would have told you we wouldn't know for sure if this means delay or not until Monday. In fact, I said so myself several times to others that posted "this is BS i gonna cancel" threads or posts. Sucks, buddy, but hopefully lesson learned. If you find yourself unable to wait for batch 2 you can return the n900 and pay the Ebay premium.

EDIT: God damn ninjas!

Tokiopop said:
Monk said:
I feel a LOT happier now that I don't feel OpenPandora are asking us to take on more of the development risks and costs than we already had.
But the other samples wern't like this, so surley they could do what they did the Rev 1 & 2 for Rev 3?

Because they were rushing/being cheap (same thing). Doing the injection molding properly ties up machinery and staff for longer, so the less time they spend on it the more actual money they make from runs of "for sale" cases instead of "for samples" cases.

I don't say I agree with the practise, samples should represent the final product as closely as possible IMHO, but I understand it.

I'm not in the first 1000 so I won't benefit directly from such a run, but I'd be happy to see 1000 customers served sooner rather than later, as long as the cases are up to snuff when received :)

Pleng said:
Cool :)

I wonder what the next thing to go wrong will be?

Realist!

err... I mean... cynic? :wink:

Back