Spoke To The Factory

Awesome, great news Craig.

I suspect perhaps the Chinese company was assuming that OpenPandora LTD was a "larger" player than they knew (therefore, understood such things).

Oh my god! Hell has frozen over! First the saints win the superbowl the we get a green light on the case! The 4 horsemen areon their way!

Gruso said:
Say that again. I want to hear you say green again.

1,000 before CNY still the target?

This is great news!

-but what's the big deal about getting them done around when Crosby Nash & Young come to town? I know it'll be a great show, but...

-and no Stills? WTF has Steven got to do that's so goram important?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfjugnFrZMs&feature=PlayList&p=C08D760458C5E77E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=12

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some mixed feelings about this.

The cracks, dents and overall finish of the cases came quite as a shock this weekend. I would never accept cases of that quality. My confidence that the Chinese factory will deliver has diminished quite a bit.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna trust you guys on this one. Congratulations on this major milestone.

What a trip the last year has been. I hope that soon we'll be able to look back at all this with a smile on our face and a Pandora in our hands.

Tokiopop said:
Without seeing one where the machine has been 'warmed up'?

It takes a bunch of cases that need throwing away for the machines to warm up, apparently, and they simply don't want to run off hundreds of cases to supply 5 samples. Not entirely unreasonable. Given that these cases are supposedly an order of magnitude cheaper than getting them elsewhere, OpenPandora might well be ebtter off risking a 1000 or even 4000 batch "and hope" - call it a large batch of samples, if you will. If they are bad and OP need to order more, but fixed, it's still cheaper than paying in the West. Yet if they're good, we have the cases sooner rather than later, and OP can ship some Pandoras to customers!

I feel a LOT happier now that I don't feel OpenPandora are asking us to take on more of the development risks and costs than we already had.

Bosbeetle said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Fi1F2fX8ntA[/youtube]

static.gif

Dammit I was waiting to be the first to post that beyonce video... :lol:

craigix said:
Yes it was just to show the edits, nothing more. They are a big company and I just don't think they have time to talk us though things, they have been doing this for years and we just have to hit the floor running with them.

They did a good job of explaining the process today though, and were probably surprised we didn't know already.
TrashyMG said:
From what I gathered from reading 1000 posts and a few people that knew about moulding process. My guess is that they just wanted to show that the changes that needed to be done with Rev 3 where done. They didn't need to make it with good materials or spent time polishing it up and silk screening it. They just had the assumption that we knew that's was the case.. The Chinese company is trying to make money as well.. Why waste quality materials and time on 7 sample cases.
Clears things up. I idle on here a lot but I don't read as much as I can. Thanks~

Brilliant news! Looks like the past weekend's fussin' and a feudin' was for nothing!

I look forward to hearing whether we can get those cases out of China before their New Year, I hope we can!

Well this sort of makes a mockery of the whole green-lighting process... but if OP's happy then let me echo the general sentiments of WOOOOO HOOOOO!

random idea:
have the factory make all 4000 cases, but have them only ship 1000.
That way they don't need to set everything back up again and align stuff, so all the cases will be consistent.

WhiteBat said:
random idea:
have the factory make all 4000 cases, but have them only ship 1000.
That way they don't need to set everything back up again and align stuff, so all the cases will be consistent.
If they have the 4000, why not ship all 4000?

Back