Spectrum Emulator Zx32

H

hughes051

hello i have just got my shelf a gp32 what a great handheld...anyway I have download the zx32 emulator for the gp32 and also load some spectrum roms .sna but i am looking for heed over heels i have found it at tzx vault but the emualtor does not support it as will not run so can any one help or advise. ALso Ihave had problmes with the link cable and the usb drivers for windows xp I have download the usb drivers e.t.c. but my computer does not reconise the gp32 just unknow device in the hardware list can any one tell me how to get the gp32 and the pc-link to work or how to install the usb drives as i have look on the fomrs and it looks like a lot of other have had this problem as my computer has only reconise it once any advise would be helpfull
thx
Ian

i'd recommend doing the install via system in control panel, plug in the gp32 and then manually select the driver. after that i'd install gpdrive or some such on your smc, this will allow windows to view the gp32 as a portable drive.

Your starting point for anything to do with Spectrum games should be:

www.worldofspectrum.org

You'll find what you're looking for there.

Mark.

Hi
Can tyou tell me what gpdrive is ? also i have tried going to the control panel and looking for the file which is located on my destop called GP32Usb but the computer reports back saying it contains no imformation about your device. Also I am using a smc card reader were i can install games this way is there any differnce beween the two apart from keep taking the card out off the gp32?

Also is there and differace beewteen the front lit version and the back lit version of the gp32 as i have the flu and as i have only had about a week and does every i one it to do

what prolems will accure later on if any
thank for you very quick replys
Ian

You should be able to load the .tzx file on a PC spectrum emulator then save as snapshot (.sna)

I just bought my first gp32_console Tis a 166 BLU. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. :D

hughes051 posted on Mar 21 2005 at 02:22 PM said:
Hi
Can tyou tell me what gpdrive is ? also i have tried going to the control panel and looking for the file which is located on my destop called GP32Usb but the computer reports back saying it contains no imformation about your device. Also I am using a smc card reader were i can install games this way is there any differnce beween the two apart from keep taking the card out off the gp32?

Also is there and differace beewteen the front lit version and the back lit version of the gp32 as i have the flu and as i have only had about a week and does every i one it to do

Ian

The card reader is faster and easier to use. The BLU has much better colors and contrast than a FLU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Ian

BLU = newer

FLU = Older

provided you treat your gp32 with a little bit of respect you will not run into any problems.

card readers are generally recommended over using the gp32, its far faster.
However if you wish you could install gpDrive (look on www.gp32x.de for it) on the smc, when this is run it will turn the gp32 into a device similar to a card reader with windows xp recognising it as a memory thing when the usb is plugged in.

spray posted on Mar 21 2005 at 03:24 PM said:
Hi
Can tyou tell me what gpdrive is ? also i have tried going to the control  panel and looking for the file which is located on my destop called GP32Usb but the computer reports back saying it contains no imformation about your device.  Also I am using a smc card reader were i can install games this way is there any differnce beween the two apart from keep taking the card out off the gp32?

Ian

BLU = newer

FLU = Older

provided you treat your gp32 with a little bit of respect you will not run into any problems.

card readers are generally recommended over using the gp32, its far faster.
However if you wish you could install gpDrive (look on www.gp32x.de for it) on the smc, when this is run it will turn the gp32 into a device similar to a card reader with windows xp recognising it as a memory thing when the usb is plugged in.

BLU+ and FLU = both very good machines which both have benefits and problems!

but any GP32 is a good GP32!!!! the best handheld in the world (IMO) :D

using a card reader is essential - forget gpmanager unless you need to install your freelauncher...

are you on korean or euopean firmware? do you see a white screen or a yellow (ish) screen when you turn on?

if you have korean you need to Down load a freelauncher from gp32.com... If you have euopean firmware you dont need freelauncher,

For converting spectrum games to .sna google spectaculator 5.0 (later versions are pay for use) its the best and Free!

sPaCe :ph34r:

Back