Spectrum & C64 Emulation - Help !!!!

LE-GONKSTER

Still Fresh
Hi everyone. I am a brand new GP32 owner (and proud !!!!!).

My dream is to be able to play old Spectrum and Commodore 64 games, such as Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner on my GP32.

I have located loads of emulators to download, but have now idea how to use these or how where to source the games themselves, and how to get them working on the GP32.

A step by step guide from someone who knows would be appreciated BIG TIME.

Thanks guys,

enjoy.

Jon.

Welcome to the community.

For the latest emulators, go to www.gp32x.de

For emulators to work you need roms (the games). Do not ask where
to get these on this message board. It is illegal to download roms of games
you do not own.

The readme files of the emulators tell you everything you need to know.
Basically, put the emulator in GPMM. Put your roms where it tells you in the readme.
Launch the emulator and open the roms using the menu.

It isn't illegal to download spectrum and c64 games as hundreds, if not thousands have been released into the public domain.

Try worldofspectrum.org

-Craig

www.gbax.com

It's not illegal they just say it is:) I do it all the time of couse i get bored of the game a dump the files after a few hours anyways.

Hi everyone.  I am a brand new GP32 owner (and proud !!!!!).

My dream is to be able to play old Spectrum and Commodore 64 games, such as Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner on my GP32.

The legendary Matthew Smith was on several forums recently including the Retro Gamer forum. The magazines excellent ( http://www.livepublishing.co.uk/retro/index.shtml ) . Dont wish to sound like a salesperson but honestly its good, they won the legendary Willy meets the Taxman disks on ebay, not much on them to be honest with you ! Just had a top 100 games voted by readers, Manic Miner was #3.

Anyway C64 games are very easy to find on the web, as for Speccy games yep www.worldofspectrum.org has tons of games there. You can post that url as the only games they have are ones they've got permission for and theres 1000's there.

Also if you look for JSW or Manic Miner you'll see that there are many many remakes, some of which are very good. Eg Eugenes Lair which is a great Manic Miner clone.

The emulators are both very easy to use on the GP32, just read the readme and off you go. Speccy'all is very good and as the game file sizes are so small you can fit a ton of games on your SMC card.

The retro scene is huge at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You to everyone that replied - I have now got my spectrum emulator working with the old games and about to start work on the C64 and Amiga!!!!

Thanks again guys.

Well, theoretically, it's possible.. The Amiga 500 can play most of the games that didnt' need AGA graphics under 1 meg of memory, the problem is emulating all the custom chips and the 24-bit "chip ram" which the CPU shared between the video chip and the game/app. There's tons of documents that have the Motorola 68000 and 68020 processor specs. The diskfiles for Amiga emulators come in .adf format and has 880k per disk.

Back