Spare Nubs

MUMBL35

Still Fresh
Now that the final nubs are coming in, are there going to be spare ones to purchase for the people that jumped the line for a one nubber?

I too wonder this. Have sent opensales two emails regarding RMA instructions for LCD cable and inquired about nubs and no reply. This is the longest I've waited for a response from Jacquelyn. I chalk up the delay in reply is at least hoping the reason is because they do not have a solid answer yet. I remember there was talk about the manufacturer absorbing cost to replace the original faulty nubs but I don't recall ever seeing any outcome from that old news item. Maybe someone can shed light because when I send my unit in for the warranty repair I'd like to get my faulty nub repaired at cost from my pocket if need be but I would be willing to pay to have the other nub replaced with a newer one with the better tolerance also. Hope this thread generates an answer. :)

MUMBL35 said:
Now that the final nubs are coming in, are there going to be spare ones to purchase for the people that jumped the line for a one nubber?

IIRC, the nubs are soldered directly onto the board and not that "replaceable".

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
They were looking to get a tool to allow OPT themselves to replace them, to save on shipping to CC but I dont think thats happened yet. The socketed ones are again a future plan. In the meantime you'd apparently need serious soldering skills to replace them yourself.

I think I missed the boat, as I only saw late, that ED mentioned CraigIX was gathering all the faulty nub RMA's recently for a big shipment to CC to get them replaced, it wasn't an announcement IIRC.

My LCD has just gone again, plus the left nub with the right showing occasional signs, so I'll be hoping to hear something back aswell but I imagine with the intended plans for price changes to speed up production, that ALOT of emails are going to head Jacquelyn's way now, to either upgrade, cancel, or fresh order a 7 day Pandora etc. Poor lass :) I vote she gets a raise with the profit or a helper at the least :)

Both Jacquelyn and Debs do a great job, always been helpful when I've had a problem with something. Hope I get my Pandora back from them soon...kinda sucks watching films on my ipod touch although the play video from last viewed is going to be missed :p

God Ginrai said:
MUMBL35 said:

IIRC, the nubs are soldered directly onto the board and not that "replaceable".

-God Ginrai

I've already take one off using my soldering iron to take a look on the inside so I can replace it myself if spares become available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back