Spam The Spamer

christo930

I just sent an email to our spamers address and pasted several megabytes of txt in it, if everyone here does it it might shut down his email address and at bare minimum cause him a lot of time. I used a subject line that expressed interest in buying his stupid phones.

I'm sorry if this thread is frowned upon (I hope it isn't), but I didn't want to reply to his spam and I want people to spam him.

Chris

His posts are gone and I've flagged his account as a spam account. Hopefully you didn't try to spam him using your own email address, as that would be daft.

It won't do any good. It's absolutely trivial to get a new email address these days. Two ways this played out: either he creates a different email address for every forum he signs up to, and then just discards the email address when he gets the confirmation; or he uses the same email address over and over, but as soon as anything starts happening that makes it look like that email address has been compromised (spammer getting spammed, for example) he just discards it and gets another. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

beavith said:
I suppose banning an IP adress is out of the question?

Rather pointless, that same bot/person is almost certainly never going to come back here. Most of the time they are bots doing it automatically, possibly from hijacked zombie machines. It's a moving target, you just have to implement measures to stop it from happening in the first place rather than trying to do something about it after the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enverex said:
beavith said:
I suppose banning an IP adress is out of the question?

Rather pointless, that same bot/person is almost certainly never going to come back here. Most of the time they are bots doing it automatically, possibly from hijacked zombie machines. It's a moving target, you just have to implement measures to stop it from happening in the first place rather than trying to do something about it after the event.
i personally love the "are you human?" question when registering a username at a forum or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back