Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricks

Still Fresh
I was wondering! i was looking at my dreamcast and i was looking at my gp32 and i was thinking that the dreamcast has a Hitachi SH-4 processor (200 mhz) and the gp32 has a Samsung S3C2400X01 (133 mhz) if i took out the processor in the dreamcast and put it in the gp32 and done some little modification so that it can run fast with 3d graphics would it overclock my gp32 or stop it from working

Um processors don't work that way, you can't just use them interchangeably. Can you take a Pentium 3 ghz processor and just plug it into an old 286 machine? No.

SH-4 and ARM9 are incompatible not only in terms of architecture, but instruction sets, power usage, pinouts, design and other requirements.

They are absolutely not interchangeable.

tricks posted on Dec 28 2005 at 03:21 PM said:
I was wondering! i was looking at my dreamcast and i was looking at my gp32 and i was thinking that the dreamcast has a Hitachi SH-4 processor (200 mhz) and the gp32 has a  Samsung S3C2400X01 (133 mhz) if i took out the processor in the dreamcast and put it in the gp32 and done some little modification so that it can run fast with 3d graphics would it overclock my gp32 or stop it from working

YAH I LYK TOTALLY PUT MY ATHLON FX55 IN MY GP32 AND IT RUNS DOOM 3 NOW I ALSO HAV A MODIFIDE PSP WIT A XBOX360 PROCESOR IT PLAYS XBOX360 GAMES

First of all you can't remove a DC processor or a GP32 processor, so you can't replace them. Secondly, they are nothing alike in architecture and wouldn't work anyway. Thirdly, even with those aside, the DC processor is designed to be plugged into a wall and would use MUCH more power than two AAs could supply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the 1ghz CPU off my pc and put it on my PS2 and boy does it run alot faster.

I get much smoother framerate on games like Grand Turismo 4 and generally get a 40% fps increase with the cpu swap.

Honestly.. That is just plain dumb. I'm not usually rude on posts but where in the world did you get such an idea about technololgy? CPUs are not lego blocks. You might however, be able to create a portable dreamcast.. in fact:Treamcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back