Sound problem w/ files > 55minutes

zenjiki

Still Fresh
Just trying to see if anyone is getting the same results, it only on files that are longer than apprximately 55 minutes. Something weird happens to the audio, sounds like 2 audio channels overlap, one channel that corresponds to the picture perfectly while the other audio channels is from later in the file. After a few seconds of this adio overlap, the audio goes back to one audio but the wrong one, it stays with the audio channel that is ahead of the video and the audio that is in sync with the video disappears. This problem occurs on the three movies i encoded at aproximately 55 minutes into the movies. I only used XVID, which could be the problem. Just wanted to know the results of others who encoded files longer than 55 minutes with XVID or DIVX, on wheter or not they are having the same problems.

Hi there.
I've encoded about 6 movies so far,
all of them at least 100mins, the longest one about 125 mins.
I've encoded in Divx 4.12, Xvid constant Bitrate and Xvid 2pass
(Xvid really makes great quality, i might add).

I haven't encountered your issue yet.
I DID get a similar problem to yours anyway,
that was, when i cut some part of an already-for-gp32-encoded video,
and made a "direct stream copy" of the file.
the video was just fine, but the sound was very strange.. almost like you described.
contact me on efnet, chan #gpcinema
or send me a PM if you need further assistance

I haven't come across this error so far, but it would be good if I could duplicate it for testing.What audio bitrate did you use and was the source audio MP3 or WAV?

Thanks guys, once I get out of work today I will post all the settings i'm using as well as the source of the audio.

Actually I can give you pretty accurate info from work, basically I follow the "2-pass encoding with XviD using latest versions of Virtualdub" by Jim diGriz with a few modification. All settings are the same as the guide except the following.

Settings#1
300x240 @ 12FPS
Max Bitrate: 256
32KBS 22,050Hz Stereo

Settings#2
300x224 @ 15FPS
Max Bitrate: 356
32KBS 22,050Hz Mono

As for the source audio its directly encoded using "vimodi" or something close to that into a DIVX file. Clicking on the properties of the source audio is "MPEG Layer 3".Thats pretty much it, if I see any differences on the settings once I get back home i'll update. Thanks again.

Did you get the 'VBR audio stream detected' pop-up box appear when loading the source file into Vdub originally?

No I did not get 'VBR audio stream detected' pop up, infact I did not even have seen it yet. But I just remembered both the times this happened, I fasforwarded the film were I left off, about a minute before the sound problem happens, could that the cause of the problem. Once I get home i'll watch the entire film without fastforwarding and see if still occurs.

I guess I'm tired tonight.Are you using GP Cinema or MoviePark?
I had presumed you were using GP Cinema because of the fps settings you have used in the two encodes.I was thinking that you had substituted the version of XviD available at JoyGP for use with GP Cinema, with the one on the Xvid 2-pass guide page- to get it working with GP Cinema.Like I said, excuse me but I'm tired!

I'll check the thread tomorrow.It's time for bed I think :D

Oh sorry I did not mention it but I'm using GP Cinema. I did use the XVID found on JoyGP/Entware's site, as well as the latest VDUB. Just cheecked and its not coused by fastforwarding, so i'll just tinker some more this week and give update, sweet dreams diGriz.

Found the problem, earlier this week I was deleting programs I am not using anymore of my PC, one of them being an old version of divx. What I did not know, because I use xvid to encode now, is that when I uninstalled the older version of divx it also took out every other version on my PC. So after installing it back everything is a ok once again, again thanks to those to treid to help.

I'm glad you were able to sort out the problem.

How well does the film you encoded with a max video bitrate of 356 play on GP Cinema?
Isn't the audio choppy?I've been finding that you have to be pretty conservative with audio/video bitrates to have files play back without any audio choppiness.I have been testing action films.The problem is obviously lessened with films that have less high action scenes.Many audio/video bitrates that were fine with MoviePark, with its lower fps capabilities, play very choppy when used with a higher fps in GP Cinema- quite understandable, not complaining.I don't think I could go back now.I love the higher fps- even if it does mean sacrificing some a/v quality most of the time.

Sorry that was a typo its actually 256, but everything is smooth even on very hectic scenes that last for long periods. The only problem i'm having now is some weird discolorations that apear for a few seconds, which is minor.

I have seen what I would describe as red colour bleeding with some versions of XviD I tried with MoviePark.Only some of the frame is effected and the colours within the effected area are more red than any other colour.

Do the discolourations you have seen sound anything like that, or would you describe them differently?

Pretty much, mostly happens on videos that have subs on them, but do not occur that often. Also it only happens when the resolution is set to 300x224, on 320x240 resolution it does not occur at all.

Back