Sound Good?

felix_gp32

Still Fresh
i want to buy a gp32 blue and i have a question.......to listen mp3 with earphone....is the soung good or is it scrap????

I just bought a pair of I pod generation 3 earbuds from a friend, still sealed, for 3$, listened to some songs on the gp32, its awesome!!!!, not to bad when its using the speakers either
ya, its just like a computer, it all depends on the headphones

~Octavious

The sound is great despite the fact that there is no amplifier included... So you dont get a good bass. And by the way... Québec rule!!!!!!!!

Yeah of course with headphones like those fancy shockwave ones (which cost alot if you want good quality) you'll probably get better sound but nothing match an hardware amplifier. Again, I have a really good musical hearing (sorry don't know how to say it well in english but I have a better hearing than most people) so for eveyone, the difference is minimal but for me, I can't stand it... I'll stick with the discman!

i'm not entirely sure what you mean by a hardware amplifier...

surely a discman and a gp32 have roughly the same circuitry between the digital>analogue converter and the headphone socket (i.e. a little bit to boost (amplify) the volume, and a volume controller)...

is it not the 'uncompressedness' of the CD's you're hearing, or maybe superior D>A conversion in the discman?

(btw... my headphones cost £13 from dixons :p they give better bass response because the speakers are bigger)

umm... but to go back to the original question, the GP32 has good sound quality for MP3 playback, through decent headphones... but it's not audiophile-quality...

when I'm walking to class I think The sound is super good! I have in ear ones, but I've listened to my gp32 with others and it sounds just as good!

i want to buy a gp32 blue and i have a question.......to listen mp3 with earphone....is the soung good or is it scrap????
Yeah the sound is great. btw, I'm not taking the piss but do you think it's blue? BLU stands for :
Back lit unit
I'll be getting mine after Christmas (My FLU has been sold :()

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty good but the sound lacks slightly in Bass (even) with good in ear headphones...

How about the internal speakers? Quality obviously isn't the top of the lot, but how about volume? Do I need to wind up the knob to full power to hear anything?

Oh yeah... maybe the mdel of the GP32 could change something in the sound quality. I have an unlit unit... maybe sound output isn't as good as BLU units...

Back