Whats up with the Wonderswan emulator?

Ceromus

Still Fresh
did Rattboi just scrap that project or something? A feature to make the screen bigger is heavily needed and maybe a gamma increase option

I had never heard of the wonderswan, but have read that it covers the Final Fantasy games (maybe other ??? I don't know) which means it must be alright in my eyes, is there any info on this unknown console / handhold????

maybe if awareness was increased, the EMU author may feel more inclined to continue development.

Personally I do not think that the GPSpain team should have restricted the entry list of their EMU compo, just any EMU should be allowed to enter.

There are literally hundreds of potential EMUs available to restrict to less than ten is scandlous:

I had never heard of the wonderswan, but have read that it covers the Final Fantasy games (maybe other ??? I don't know) which means it must be alright in my eyes, is there any info on this unknown console / handhold????

Maybe if awareness was increased, the EMU author(s) may feel more inclined to continue development

Personally I do not think that the GPSpain team should have restricted the entry list of their EMU compo, just any EMU should be allowed to enter.

There are literally hundreds of potential Emulators available, and to restrict the entry list to less than ten is scandalous:

Acorn Electron, Arcade (Various), Amiga, Atari Various, BBC, Colecovision, Intellivision, NeoGeo, NES, Genesis/Megadrive (Wow shining force (1/2) on GP32), SMS (already pretty good), SNES (hmm), PC-Engine (Hmm Hmm), Vectrex, GB, GBC, GBA, Speccy, zx81, Sam Coupe, C64 (okay pretty much done perfectly), Amstrad CPC (Speccy clone :) ) the list goes on and on and on and on ……you get the picture.

BTW - What have I forgotten?

MrT

:D to be a GP32 owner

So far as I know, he hasn't just scrapped the project, but aparrently it needs **a lot** of work to be done insofar as optimisation etc before another release. I don't think he's doing *all* that much work on it, but we can always hope for another release at some stage.
I agree that screen scaling is needed in it, although I think core optimisation is the first priority atm, along with sound.

it plays final fantasy and mr. driller just fine. So while slow with no sound and small viewable screen its still worth while.

WS emulation on PC even is pretty primative...try running beatmania on one and see what I mean. (beatmania for WS is a very good conversion of beatmania 3rd MIX, btw, and it's way better than the GB beatmania games)

Gristy posted on Apr 13 2003 said:
is final fantasy not all in japenese?
well.. considering that the system was ONLY sold here in japan, yes. Although ive heard of patches..

btw, the project is NOT dead.. Rattboi seems to still really want to finish it all.. give him time.. he's got a lot to do! But I can tell he hasnt giving up faith! haha..

Last edited by a moderator:
there are patches for it...and the final fantasies are not the originals they are remakes of them with new backgrounds and little improvements it is WELL worth it in my opinion to have a wonderswan emulator just for ff1 and ff2

Back