Sony Vaio

Exo

Website
Visit site
dose anyone know what the lowest spec the sony vaio avalible Is ?

Edit:just need an Idea because im going to look at one and have not been given much detail and also thinking about price range

They are usually quite expensive... around £1300 upwards I think... what do you want a laptop for and what are the main features you need (eg weight etc)

vaios arnt that great i had one once they are stubborn about software that u install and the sony software bugs alot. i would reccomend u get one of those dell laptops they are quite cheap.

They are usually quite expensive... around £1300 upwards I think
thats good the price I got offerd is quite a but under half and as far as I know its new and lega but still I got to see what condition /spec is like when I get therel

... what do you want a laptop for and what are the main features you need (eg weight etc)

Weight is not a problem
I currently got a P3 450 laptop upgraded cpu myself from P2 because I needed a little extra power my main uses are overnight downloads, playing old games, watching movies and typing this message :D

Last edited by a moderator:
it has to be an ibook all the way. people sya they are overpriced because the specs are lower, but its all relative baby. the specs are lower because they dont need overly souped up proceesors, as the G3, G4 and now G5 are infinitely better than the AMD/Intel euqivalents, as is the MAC os software etc.... Basically, get an ibook. i ran windows for years, and i promise you, you wont regret it.

an ibook dose seem tempting but im not too keen on mac os
Last time I used it it was on an imac the os was not nice and the think different 100% round 1 buttoned mouse was suprisinly annoying :D

Im going to have a look at the vaio (already aranged) and if the price is right and all is fine I will post back :)

spray posted on Sep 24 2004 at 07:45 PM said:
tell me this isn't some deal that was cooked up over ebay...

have you seen the hardware you will be receiving?
no nothing like that no not seen hardware and I dont know spec still trying to find out the lowest spec vaio that Sony make

generalnmx posted on Sep 24 2004 at 08:01 PM said:
Don't get a VAIO. Just don't, please.

only £300 I think its bankrupt stock or something there could be more than one

The cheapest model I am aware of is £899 for a laptop (2.4ghz i think)

[I'm stupid spammer] em at work, lets jus say people exercise the 14 day money back guarantee with them

Yep -vaios are definitely not all they are claimed to be. They're most definitely not the most reliable around, and getting service off Sony is hellish if you need repairs. If you send it off and they 'dont find' a fault under warranty, they charge you £127+VAT :ph34r:

Turned out t be a load of sh1t

It was supposed to be a sale but they sold off everything in large piles of stuff so I could not just get a laptop I would have had to get a laptop a tv and loads of other sh1t I dont need or want and when lotted together the overall price was not that cheap and most the stuff was not new

So looks like im on the search again for a laptop again

you are not going to get anything impressive with £300 for a laptop... I would say you need at least £500-£800 and even then you really have to look around...

What is your minimum spec you would like....

Exo posted on Sep 26 2004 at 01:19 PM said:
Turned out t be a load of sh1t

It was supposed to be a sale but they sold off everything in large piles of stuff so I could not just get a laptop I would have had to get a laptop a tv and loads of other sh1t I dont need or want and when lotted together the overall price was not that cheap and most the stuff was not new

So looks like im on the search again for a laptop again
Sounds like you were at a Mock Auction, these things are notoriously dodgy and spring up all over the country. They offer you ridiculously cheap goods to lure you in then rip you off by selling you a box of broken shit. theyre usually gone by the time people realize theyve been screwed.

Looks like you did yourself a favour by not buying it.

Back