Sony U10? Anyone Heard Of It?

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
The Sony Vaio U-series is a small computer the width of a pencil, running full-blown Windows XP. Anything that runs on a standard laptop should run on the U-series. It hasn't been released outside of Japan, but can run English software with an English operating system.

I will get the chance to work with it (actually the U3 model) a little in a class I am taking, so I will give you some more information later. Otherwise, I haven't found very detailed info.

I have a Toshiba Libretto CT100.
It may not be quite as small as this (Video casette sized), Or even as fast.
But it runs Windows XP pro no problem, And runs pretty much anything a normal PC can.

Trooper

Yeah the flipstart is realy cute, and does the full XP thing with a 1gig cpu. Seeing as british trains are so cramped I don't have elbow room for a full laptop, this could be the answer, but I guess an expensive answer.

Screen size is a bit cramped for the res 1024x600 on a 5.6" screen.
I sometimes find the GP screen a bit small for it's 320x240 on 3.8". ST games caqn give me eye strain. How the hell are you going to view full XP apps at that size?

Actually i think he is talking about a very thing laptop with the width of a pencil.

OQO is a new company with IBM and Apple cast offs, they made a small PC, wich is different than they mini PC, due to it can support a stylus on the screen and runs XP and such, saw a thing on it on Techt TV's reveiw of CES

http://www.oqo.com/hardware/basics/

Back