SONY PS5 (PlayStation 5)

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
why would anyone want 8k?
a VR implementation.
This is really the only valid use-case for "8k" capability. If you can render 8k in real time, then you can render two stereoscopic 4k streams in real time. Anybody who's used a VR headset knows that they magnify (quite literally) pixel pitch issues, so you really need very high resolution for a good experience.

Personally, I'm not interested in most of what VR has to offer. What I am interested in is the ability to use it as a wide-angle, head-tracking monitor replacement in racing sims. I have a racing seat and a fairly decent force-feedback wheel and pedal setup, but the experience is somewhat let down by having to use a flat monitor. If sony can do away with that necessity with a good VR headset... I just might buy one of their consoles for the first time since the PS2.

Reactions: ___

kuru

Laptop und Trachtenjanker
It most certainly won't.
Haven't watched this particular video, I guess they're all the same content-wise.
They should stop putting more and more useless tat in their controllers each iteration.
SSD was a logical and necessary step.
The only interesting fact I've heard is backwards compatibility. That's a good choice.

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
This upcoming generation is the first time I'm worried that it might be the last generation of home consoles. Their current audience is heading more and more to PC, and the new audience they should be building is hooked on mobile instead.

I think mobile has the right idea, that the ideal gaming device is something you carry with you at all times. Not sure how to apply that to consoles though.

Reactions: rSl

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
Whatever the case (no pun intended) may be... it's so convenient to have a handle on it :)

Image is showing up for me now. It must be the crappy internet that we have here in Australia. Pages/images take longer than usual to load up :D