Beta Sonic Robo Blast 2 With Opengles


Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
5,519
Location
Detroit, Michigan
Website
Visit site
Get it here:
pickle.gp2x.de/srb2.pnd

Get the data files here: http://www.srb2.org/download/
Put them in appdata/srb2




I think its much faster :) feedback please.
 
I had to look it up; for everyone, I think Pickle is trying to say Sonic Robo Blast :)

(Any good? Never tried it, always thought it was incomplete)

gfz2.png
 
skeezix said:
I had to look it up; for everyone, I think Pickle is trying to say Sonic Robo Blast :)

(Any good? Never tried it, always thought it was incomplete)

thanks i updated the tiitle for those that dont know.

its a neat idea for a game, the controls take same time to get used to. Its much more enjoyable now that it runs with some decent speed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
.lsdlsrb2 error while loading shared libraries: libGLUES_CM.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 
xopher said:
.lsdlsrb2 error while loading shared libraries: libGLUES_CM.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

argh! stupid libGLUES again. Ill update the pnd tonight.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
xopher said:
.lsdlsrb2 error while loading shared libraries: libGLUES_CM.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

argh! stupid libGLUES again. Ill update the pnd tonight.

:) Thanks Pickle! Happy to know it wasn't me
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
xopher said:
Pickle said:
xopher said:
.lsdlsrb2 error while loading shared libraries: libGLUES_CM.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

argh! stupid libGLUES again. Ill update the pnd tonight.

:) Thanks Pickle! Happy to know it wasn't me

updated
No joy yet, same result. Is it me?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
xopher said:
No joy yet, same result. Is it me?

can you check your log again? i justed tested and it works here.

-----BEGIN PASTE---------
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/cpuspeed': No such file or directory
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon:
/dev/loop1
Filetype is Squashfs
sudo mount -t squashfs /dev/loop1
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]
cp: cannot stat `default/*': No such file or directory
cp: `default/..' and `.' are the same file
./lsdlsrb2: error while loading shared libraries: libGLUES_CM.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done
---------END PASTE--------
 
Last edited by a moderator:
xopher said:
Pickle said:
xopher said:
No joy yet, same result. Is it me?

can you check your log again? i justed tested and it works here.

-----BEGIN PASTE---------
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/cpuspeed': No such file or directory
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon:
/dev/loop1
Filetype is Squashfs
sudo mount -t squashfs /dev/loop1
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]
cp: cannot stat `default/*': No such file or directory
cp: `default/..' and `.' are the same file
./lsdlsrb2: error while loading shared libraries: libGLUES_CM.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done
---------END PASTE--------

and your sure you have the latest from pickle.gp2x.de/srb2.pnd?
try downloading again, when i tested i made sure that lib wasnt in my /usr/lib. If it still doesnt work the upload to the ftp must have failed
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
and your sure you have the latest from ftp.pickle.de/srb2.pnd?
try downloading again, when i tested i made sure that lib wasnt in my /usr/lib. If it still doesnt work the upload to the ftp must have failed

I copied the link from the first post: pickle.gp2x.de/srb2.pnd, and have dl'ed from that link each time. using the link ftp.pickle.de/srb2.pnd you mention last post that page doesn't work. :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
xopher said:
Pickle said:
and your sure you have the latest from ftp.pickle.de/srb2.pnd?
try downloading again, when i tested i made sure that lib wasnt in my /usr/lib. If it still doesnt work the upload to the ftp must have failed

I copied the link from the first post: pickle.gp2x.de/srb2.pnd, and have dl'ed from that link each time. using the link ftp.pickle.de/srb2.pnd you mention last post that page doesn't work. :(

sorry the first link is correct, I will double check the uploaded file agan...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
xopher said:
Pickle said:
and your sure you have the latest from ftp.pickle.de/srb2.pnd?
try downloading again, when i tested i made sure that lib wasnt in my /usr/lib. If it still doesnt work the upload to the ftp must have failed

I copied the link from the first post: pickle.gp2x.de/srb2.pnd, and have dl'ed from that link each time. using the link ftp.pickle.de/srb2.pnd you mention last post that page doesn't work. :(

sorry the first link is correct, I will double check the uploaded file agan...
It's OK Pickle, you can just say it's me ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
MDave said:
Not working for me either, and I re-flashed my NAND with the latest firmware just to make sure it wasn't anything on my end.

Seriously whats with the knee jerk reactions to reflash the firmware when ever something doesnt work :-/ bad idea
Its not going to do a thing cause this lib isnt in the firmware.

i just uploaded the pnd again tonight, so someone confirm if that it broke or not?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
it's a reflex brought on by the training from customer support technicians to reinstall windows from scratch when they can't help you figure out how to fix an issue... I'm one to do it as well on my linux boxes when I can't figure out how to fix something or my forum post about something serious (to me) goes unanswered for too long and it affects my computer experience in a negative way...


short answer: learned habit... :p
 
Pickle said:
xopher said:
Pickle said:
and your sure you have the latest from ftp.pickle.de/srb2.pnd?
try downloading again, when i tested i made sure that lib wasnt in my /usr/lib. If it still doesnt work the upload to the ftp must have failed

I copied the link from the first post: pickle.gp2x.de/srb2.pnd, and have dl'ed from that link each time. using the link ftp.pickle.de/srb2.pnd you mention last post that page doesn't work. :(

sorry the first link is correct, I will double check the uploaded file agan...
It works| There is a definite improvement from the last version. Will try to play through a bit in the AM, frames are more fluid for sure. Thanks Pickle.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
MDave said:
Not working for me either, and I re-flashed my NAND with the latest firmware just to make sure it wasn't anything on my end.

Seriously whats with the knee jerk reactions to reflash the firmware when ever something doesnt work :-/ bad idea
Its not going to do a thing cause this lib isnt in the firmware.

i just uploaded the pnd again tonight, so someone confirm if that it broke or not?

I had other reasons for re-flashing, so calm down lol.

Works great! Much faster then software rendering. Keep up the good work :)

Do you think there is room for improvement in terms of performance, or have we hit the limit?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
MDave said:
I had other reasons for re-flashing, so calm down lol.

Works great! Much faster then software rendering. Keep up the good work :)

Do you think there is room for improvement in terms of performance, or have we hit the limit?

well i hope so ;-)
yes im glad how it turned out.
I think the engine itself would have to be optimized. Using neon really has an impact, so they must using the floating point heavily. so maybe that could be improved. But the work ive done already is about as deep into it as I expect to go.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top