Name that Game or find me something similar

skysnapper

sleep is for wimps
Website
Visit site
Game in question i used to have on the amiga.

Was a shootem up with fantastic arcade quality graphics at the time, basically the power ups were extra parts to you ship which were physically bolted on to it making it bigger and giving you extra fire power.

By bolted on i don't mean satelite things but phyically made your shipper bigger and look different. Think there were five levels if i remember correctly.

If anyone can name it did it come out for ST. Hope so as its my alltime favourite shootem-up :) .

Anyone know of any similar games on any other platforms as i don't recall seeing any. Haven't come across any in mame whihc i thought i might.. would love to know of any.

While i think of it ... heh ..this one is a total long shot as, i have very little info to give on it.
Its a C64 game that i never recall seeing in the shop as a kid so might not be wel known but you never know may jerk someones memory :p

Basically its a side scrolling shootem up.
Remeber the level took place outside, back grounds were like trees and blue sky (great description i know :rolleyes: )
You could go backwards and forwards in the level and in the midddle was a 2 story building which you could go in and walk about (can't remember what for :p ) Think you actually parked your ship (whihc was red )in there was kind of like your base. lol :lol: Thats about us much as my memory serves me... like i said not much to go on but its bugging the hell out of me so much that i may have to go and search through gamebase 64 15,000 screenshots of c64 games to find it!

Rather not though :p

cheers :D

my mistake sorry its vertical. :p

Actually remember having x-out not a bad game may look for it for the st.

Although not quite the same concept you have one ship and with each power up it gets bigger, like an bigger wings would attach themselves to it until the ship became quite large.

don't know if it came out for amiga, but there was a game called Slap Fight - vert shooter, kinda tough, and you kept bolting powerup-parts onto your ship until it was this ugly huge behemoth of firepower (course if you kept all that shit, it wasn't so hard!)

a fun game, Genesis has a nice version of it (also on Mame of course) but not compatible with GenesisMu so far. I think it was Data East or Taito or someone? Check it out..

while you are on the subject of amiga, I have a horizontal shooter where you fly around as a honey bee or something, but i cant for the life of me remember what it was called and i cant find it. Anyone have any idea

cheers

The Amiga game might be Battle Squadron. I'm sure it had 5 levels and had great graphics.

Dave

while you are on the subject of amiga, I have a horizontal shooter where you fly around as a honey bee or something, but i cant for the life of me remember what it was called and i cant find it. Anyone have any idea

cheers
I believe it was called Apidya, there's actually a pc-remake floating around on the net if you take a look. Good game :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just re-read my post and I didn't make it very clear. Battle Squadron might be the vertical scrolling shooter asked about in Skysnappers' original post.

Dave

Nope not battle squadron.. thats a game i've forgotten about which if i remeber i really liked at the time and not apidya either non xenon 2.

Xenon2 upgrades the stuff didn't actually bolt on to your ship and change its apperance more like little satellites either side.

Anyway off for a weekend drinking now... cheers for the replies prehaps i'll remember someting else about it by Sunday :p

Can't think of the second one, but the amiga game reminds me of that Morpheus game on the C64. Was that on amiga? Is that it's name? I only played it once and I seem to remember the ship getting physically bigger...

Back