Some Questions About Preordering

Too much secrecy / non-communication around this subject. I can't think of one reason why.

Cew27 said:
i did use the search function and still cant find any information about how to pre-order, i got the impression that the newsletter told me. and i signed up to it yesterday but still havent recieved it
You didn't receive the newsletter because you signed up after Craig sent all the e-mails out. You can read the e-mail that was sent out here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got another question, and it seemed appropriate to post it here:

Since Craigix seems to be keeping the distributors a secret (so far), does anyone know what they might be? It would be nice to have some possibilities opened in my browser on the 30th so I don't miss the pre-order, if it sells fast, due to the lag in e-mail.

javaJake said:
Got another question, and it seemed appropriate to post it here:

Since Craigix seems to be keeping the distributors a secret (so far), does anyone know what they might be? It would be nice to have some possibilities opened in my browser on the 30th so I don't miss the pre-order, if it sells fast, due to the lag in e-mail.
Craig has said that the first 3000 will only be sold on GBAX, to make up the cost.
Sorry I can't find a direct quote on that.

Mithrildor said:
Indeed , but still it will be hard to get 1 of them. I think they will be sold out before I can open the webpage of it when school is out.
I don't expect they'll sell out that quick, you should have enough time to get through school.
My estimation (based on absolutely nothing) is that they will go at a rate of about 30 an hour.

PlopperZ said:
Craig has said that the first 3000 will only be sold on GBAX, to make up the cost.
Sorry I can't find a direct quote on that.

I can find a quote, but from Squidge, not Craig.

Squidge said:
Usual as in, you will be able to pay for it like anything else you could buy from http://gbax.com/ since thats where its going to be sold from.

PlopperZ said:
Mithrildor said:
Indeed , but still it will be hard to get 1 of them. I think they will be sold out before I can open the webpage of it when school is out.
I don't expect they'll sell out that quick, you should have enough time to get through school.
My estimation (based on absolutely nothing) is that they will go at a rate of about 30 an hour.

That would be pretty sweet. Now i only have to get my dad so far to lend me 150 euro, but that wont be a problem. /me dad does almost everythign for me if I just ask him it like 100 times and if I tell hem that they will be pretty limited and that there will be only 3000 in the first batch. So I'm Lucky and I will get the best Sinterklaas (The dutch Christmas) present ever (Even better than my Gameboy/Nintendo DS) Till then i will be still playing homebrew on my half broken DS (My touchscreen is a mess, i used it so many times that you almost can't see a thign anymore in the middle of it XD)

WizardStan said:
There will be another newsletter on the 30th with ordering information

And that's all you need to know.
If you're worried about which credit card to put funds onto, implying you have multiple accounts and can't pay them all off, might I suggest you're a little strapped for cash and probably shouldn't be making another large purchase?

And with that, I'm gone. I can't take anymore of the whining to see things and the impatience about stuff that has already been said is coming. See you in 2 weeks.
@WizardStan: Very nice. Other people selling widgets would clamor for customers willing to stretch their finances beyond prudence to buy their widgets. THESE are the folks of your hard core base... not the wait and see types like so many others. ...and you imply he's irresponsible and to go piss off. Again... very nice.

b_o_b said:
Too much secrecy / non-communication around this subject. I can't think of one reason why.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic so I'll throw in a possible answer.

The project is rushing towards completion and you have only one guy working on the Pandora as his full time job (not Craig, he's got other business). BTW, my hat goes off to that guy as he's doing something I wouldn't have the balls to do. Anyway, orders for all parts have not been made and they've now promised delivery in November.

Final negotiations for manufacturing has not completed so you end up with a lot of fans in these forums where the only people that are providing "answers" know no more than everyone else. They get to feel extra special by shooing away potential customers by telling them to go read this and read that as opposed to answer the same question over and over in hopes of getting more customers... which is what successful business ventures do.

How many fine restaurants do you go to where when you ask the waiter about a dish and they tell you to go fuck off and look at the menu in front of you?

Fat Agnus said:
How many fine restaurants do you go to where when you ask the waiter about a dish and they tell you to go fuck off and look at the menu in front of you?

Waiters get paid to tell people the same thing that the menu would, if only they could be bothered to read it - I do not. ;) Still, I always point people towards the information they're after.

As for the rest, it it's not been answered than it's probably not been sorted out yet. If you have a credit card, a mailing address, and can access a computer on 9/30, you can place your pre-order. All these other niggling questions are not really important. They are just people over-thinking the situation because we have nothing but time to sit around and over-think.

Chip said:
If you have a credit card, a mailing address, and can access a computer on 9/30, you can place your pre-order.
So you can't use a debit card, or phone your pre-order? ;)

Kyosys said:
No, because you need to access the website, obviously
Why do you need to access the website? If someone rang Craigs business and offered them £200, I doubt they are going to refuse and say "You need internet access to that. If you don't have it, then tough. We are not interested in your custom.".

Defo said:
I can find a quote, but from Squidge, not Craig.
Squidge said:
Usual as in, you will be able to pay for it like anything else you could buy from http://gbax.com/ since thats where its going to be sold from.

Well, Squidge is usually a reliable source, so that's good enough. Thanks a bunch for digging that up! :)

Squidge said:
Chip said:
If you have a credit card, a mailing address, and can access a computer on 9/30, you can place your pre-order.
So you can't use a debit card, or phone your pre-order? ;)

In the newsletter Craigix sent out, he said:QUOTE
You can be sure we will look after all you preorder people in the best possible way and all of you will be able to email or phone us directly - see you on the 30th!

So, if I understand it correctly the pre-orders are done through gbax.com...

Sucks a bit.... as far as I have seen its not possible to pay through PayPal...

Gotta find a credit card then :/

FragMage, if you're in the US, you can generate a Debit Card number that's compliant with any store that accepts Mastercard.

Here's the link (sign in first in the website before clicking, or this will just redirect to the home page): https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vdc-hub
Edit: Forgot to mention that you don't have to install their plugin. Just use the menus on the left side.

I live in the Netherlands, so I assume that wont work..

Rather rubbish to be honest, I'd expect that they would have PayPal since they sell internationally and PayPal is used a lot to pay internationally

Back