Some Questions About Preordering

jakshep2

Website
Visit site
1. How much is postage? is it included in the price or is it added on at the end?

2. can you pay in any currency reguardless of where you live? (e.g if I wanted to pay in € instead of £'s)

Thanks. :D :pandora1:

I have a question too... will preorder be 100% up front, or a portion up front and a portion upon shipping?

smanky said:
I have a question too... will preorder be 100% up front, or a portion up front and a portion upon shipping?
100% upfront.

Last edited by a moderator:
jaycee900 said:
I want to add;

Is that £10 thing that supports developers fund, still going ahead and will there be an option when adding the Pandora to the basket?
not too sure, although I'd love to donate to it, especially if it improves the quality of the software.

we sure are getting a lot of questions about preorders now. I'm sure CraigIX will be disclosing all the information soon

But since the thread is already open, I have a question as well:

Could we have some more detail on the preordering process? So I'm going to be ordering from ED with my bank account, which means that it won't instantly transfer the money like with a credit card or paypal, so what does that mean for the preordering process?

And while we're on the topic: what time do pre-orders open? If possible, I'd like to be able to set my alarm for a particular time so I don't have to be watching the site from 0000 to 2400 (give or take -0500 ;) )

Go back and reread the newsletter sent out. Everything you need to know is in there.

I have a question that wasnt in the newsletter, what payment forms are going to be accepeted, like what credit cards (visa, solo, mastercard etc), paypal, direct transfer whatever, just need to know where to have the funds lol

Go back and reread the newsletter sent out. Everything you NEED to know is in there.

WizardStan said:
Go back and reread the newsletter sent out. Everything you NEED to know is in there.
Gee thanks, just re-read the newsletter still nothing about payment types, only that you can pay in different currencies, which wasnt my question and you do kinda need to know it, specially when you have limited finances spread among many different accounts that you 'need' to sort out

There will be another newsletter on the 30th with ordering information

And that's all you need to know.
If you're worried about which credit card to put funds onto, implying you have multiple accounts and can't pay them all off, might I suggest you're a little strapped for cash and probably shouldn't be making another large purchase?

And with that, I'm gone. I can't take anymore of the whining to see things and the impatience about stuff that has already been said is coming. See you in 2 weeks.

jakshep2 said:
1. How much is postage? is it included in the price or is it added on at the end?

2. can you pay in any currency reguardless of where you live? (e.g if I wanted to pay in € instead of £'s)

The reason why it's more expensive (taking into account the conversion) in GBP as opposed to EUR is that VAT is included in the price. Because you live in the UK, you can't avoid the VAT.

Spray190 said:
I have a question that wasnt in the newsletter, what payment forms are going to be accepeted, like what credit cards (visa, solo, mastercard etc), paypal, direct transfer whatever, just need to know where to have the funds lol
Take a gander at craig's store gbax.com, it probably uses the same/similar payment method.

Which leads me to believe that Paypal will not be accepted, which I consider unfortunate.

jakshep2 said:

1) Postage is not included.
2) I can't see why not. The € price would currently be €254 for people in the UK.

WizardStan said:
And with that, I'm gone. I can't take anymore of the whining to see things and the impatience about stuff that has already been said is coming. See you in 2 weeks.
Me too.

Korlithiel said:
Which leads me to believe that Paypal will not be accepted, which I consider unfortunate.
I'm hoping it will be too, although I'm happy to pay via credit/debit card. After the preorders, other distributors will take orders, so your options will expand eventually.

I'd really like to know if it will be possible to pay with paypal. I don't have a credit card (credit cards are in the Netherlands not as common as in other countries like the USA), but if necessary I will get one to be able to preorder.

The dev fund will be there and optional.

We are going to have a hall of fame / high score style table for people who do donate to it.

Back