Some More Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the reason behind news posts needing approval? How many were not approved in the last few years? I think it would be more practical to remove the few than to block the many, something to think about maybe.

Alex. said:
What is the reason behind news posts needing approval? How many were not approved in the last few years? I think it would be more practical to remove the few than to block the many, something to think about maybe.
May be because,the first post of each thread in the news section go published immediatly on gp32x.de (the website, not the forum). So to moderate the website, it was easier to force moderation on new thread...

Last edited by a moderator:
Orkie said:
DaveC said:
He has flamed many of us on these boards for no good reason other than he is in a bad mood.
Nah, only people who are knobs and it is quite rare at that. You seem to have no problem dishing out criticism, you just can't take it! You have a vested interest in being vocal about who gets power here, because you can't write complaint letters to Hando any more and get people de-modded (vimacs) if you get banned for a week after making death threats. It's really quite simple: if you're an arsehole to me, I'm not going to go out of my way to be nice back!

Like I'd want to be a mod on here anyway, I'd feel quite dirty to be associated in such a way with the place ;) . And we all thought it couldn't get much worse back in 2006 when dear old DaveC here was the most obnoxious person around...

The sentiment is however appreciated quote.
Well to you anyone who doesn't agree with you is a "knob". You can't take criticism either. I have seen you go after other members (not just me) such as Exophase etc for no good reason. Then I have read snotty obnoxious remarks from you (again to random members) when you weren't even in the conversation, you were an "arsehole" just because you could be. Death threats? Now you are making shit up? Complaint letters to Hando to get Vimacs de-modded? Again making shit up (I PMed ED and to get un-banned). You really do love to embellish for drama don't you?

Only repeating what vimacs told me! Plus, you always only see half the story - what I say to people is rarely related to what goes on here. You are aware GP32x _isn't_ the supposed 'wonderful GP2X community'? It's the dumping ground and always has been. And yes, I distinctly remember you threatening Alvin back then.

Orkie said:
Plus, you always only see half the story - what I say to people is rarely related to what goes on here. You are aware GP32x _isn't_ the supposed 'wonderful GP2X community'? It's the dumping ground and always has been. And yes, I distinctly remember you threatening Alvin back then.
Your memory is selective. There were no "threats" flames but no threats. If someone were to say "kill yourself" that is not a threat, it is a nasty comment but no threat. If someone said "I will shoot you" THAT is a threat. There is a BIG difference and the last one can get you arrested. Plus you like to omit the fact that Alvin started it off *first* with some very nasty comments himself. Your remark applies in this case "It's really quite simple: if you're an arsehole to me, I'm not going to go out of my way to be nice back!" So I was supposed to just let Alvin's shitty comments slide? You wouldn't have if they were directed at you and you know it.

The GP2X community is the "dumping ground"? That is nice.

PLEASE guys, stop dragging this thread off topic. Mind you, you are proving our point. If we had some more mods, this pointless bickering probably wouldn't have got this far.

Nova said:
PLEASE guys, stop dragging this thread off topic. Mind you, you are proving our point. If we had some more mods, this pointless bickering probably wouldn't have got this far.
I was about to say this, thanks.
This topic has served its purpose. We now have a list of four new mods for the Wiz/Caanoo section. I'll PM ED and see if he can just make it happen.

mali said:
Just to let you know, it's being discussed now :)

Fantastic work, thanks Mali :)

Ah, it's good to know that things are moving forward. People were starting to get impatient. Thanks :) .

Edit: Congrats Nova :) .
Edit2: Oh, and Pickle.
Edit3: And Gruso.

My congratulations as well to our newest Xtreme overlords, our protectors and our first line of defense against those who would see us crumble from within!

I would be a brilliant mod in none of the sections. I can't tell what is going on in any of the console based sections any more, and I even have difficulty in off topic. What is a Pandorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back