Some Icons I Have Kicking Around

NeoStuey

Website
Visit site
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing fine, it's been a long while since I regularly visited these boards although I have been lurking for a week or two catching up on things. :D

I thought I'd just post up some new icons I had made for myself together with a couple of old one's that have had a little refreshing, as always feel free to do with them what you want. :D

These 4 are just a reworking of my original red white and blue mame cabs, but they could be used for distinguishing between, CPS1, CPS2, Mame and SNK.

candy.png
candya.png
candyb.png
candyc.png

Or you might just want to use these instead. :D

ghouls.png
avp.png
galaxians.png
snk.png

Thanks, I needed a CPS2 icon :) Those look very good, nice pixel skills!

- Alex

I've recoloured my Gameboy icon so it is less yellowed and I think it looks better for it on the GP2X's screen.

gameboy.png

I thought I had posted this one before but couldn't find a copy of it in my backups so I have remade it.

noiz2sa.png

Lastly a reworked Mega Drive icon,

megadrive.png

and newly made Mega CD set-up complete with back up ram cart. :D

megacdfinal.png

I hope you like them.

:D

Alex. posted on Mar 6 2007 at 01:23 AM said:
Thanks, I needed a CPS2 icon :) Those look very good, nice pixel skills!

- Alex

Thanks Alex, out of interest which one are you going to be using for CPS2, the candy cab? or the aliens vs predator?

Last edited by a moderator:
NeoStuey posted on Mar 5 2007 at 08:32 PM said:
Thanks Alex, out of interest which one are you going to be using for CPS2, the candy cab? or the aliens vs predator?

This one
candya.png

In my opinion the candy ones look a lot cleaner than the rest, but of course it's a matter of personal taste.

- Alex

Hey, those are some nice icons there. I had a question if either of these two:
megadrive.png
or
megacdfinal.png
are Sega Genesis? I'm not sure what a megadrive is....

Nice One NeoStuey!

Shifty posted on Mar 6 2007 at 06:02 AM said:
I'm not sure what a megadrive is....
Heresy! wiki :)

I made these a while ago for my GMenu sections:
nintendori8.png
segasw0.png

I might upload the rest later if there's any interest.

Mr Stuey... please make a monster archive of all your icons! :)
They are really rockin!

Hey, those are some nice icons there. I had a question if either of these two:
megadrive.png
or
megacdfinal.png

MegaDrive is the Japanese and European name for a Genesis.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 6 2007 at 01:44 AM said:
Welcome back stuey, didn't think we'd see you around here anymore :D

Thanks, it's good to see the friendly people are still active too. :D

I can't beleive how quickly the past year has gone, so many great developments on the GP2X made it hard to resist coming back for a fresh look. :)

purple_goat posted on Mar 6 2007 at 02:07 AM said:
wow! my icons just got out-classed!

what prog did you make these with?

(oh yeah, thanks :p )

Your wrong there, I really like the icons you've been making, in fact it was your homebrew icon thread that got me interested in reworking some of my efforts from last year. I only have two homebrew icons that I've made myself so I really appreciate it when someone makes one to use with the homebrew stuff. :D

I just use photoshop elements, I just use lots of different layers to make up the icon and a final layer is applied with shading and then adjust opacity until it looks about right.

I've got a couple of animated gifs that show the process for a couple of icons I've made in the past.

PC-Engine briefcase set-up.

briefcase.gif

Galaxian old icon.

galaxian.gif

:)

Alex. posted on Mar 6 2007 at 03:11 AM said:
NeoStuey posted on Mar 5 2007 at 08:32 PM said:

This one
candya.png

In my opinion the candy ones look a lot cleaner than the rest, but of course it's a matter of personal taste.

- Alex

I agree, I personally prefer the candy cabs, although the I'm pretty sure the pastel colours are not really authentic. I do get drawn back to trying have genuine cabs represent the different machine types, but it does look a little messy. :(

As it is, I'm currently using the candy cabs. :D

halo9 posted on Mar 6 2007 at 07:32 AM said:
Nice One NeoStuey!

I made these a while ago for my GMenu sections:
nintendori8.png
segasw0.png

I might upload the rest later if there's any interest.

Thanks,

I'm sure your icons will get some interest, I like them, I don't think I have seen any in that style before, nice. :D

Hey at those are some nice icons there. I had a question if either of these two:
megadrive.png
or
megacdfinal.png

PokeParadox posted on Mar 6 2007 at 08:01 AM said:
MegaDrive is the Japanese and European name for a Genesis.

And in this case both icons are based on the Japanese consoles, as Japanese consoles and games form the bulk of my own collection. :)

PokeParadox posted on Mar 6 2007 at 08:01 AM said:
Mr Stuey... please make a monster archive of all your icons! :)
They are really rockin!

I'll put something up on the archive shortly, a few of the old icons need resizing to 32x32 first.

In the meantime I have the last two that I will be making.

Reworked Super Famicom icon

superfamicom.png

New Famicom icon

famicom.png

:D

Apologies to the mods for the multiple replies, multiple quotes weren't working for me. :unsure:

NeoStuey posted on Mar 6 2007 at 03:26 AM said:
purple_goat posted on Mar 6 2007 at 02:07 AM said:
wow! my icons just got out-classed!

what prog did you make these with?

(oh yeah, thanks :p )

Your wrong there, I really like the icons you've been making, in fact it was your homebrew icon thread that got me interested in reworking some of my efforts from last year. I only have two homebrew icons that I've made myself so I really appreciate it when someone makes one to use with the homebrew stuff. :D

I just use photoshop elements, I just use lots of different layers to make up the icon and a final layer is applied with shading and then adjust opacity until it looks about right.

I've got a couple of animated gifs that show the process for a couple of icons I've made in the past.

:) I guess I'll make more then.. :)

purple_goat posted on Mar 7 2007 at 01:59 AM said:
:) I guess I'll make more then.. :)

I'm glad to hear it. :D

Super Jamie posted on Mar 7 2007 at 08:20 AM said:
these are excellent icons, thanks for sharing :)

Your welcome. :D

Anyone who's downloaded the new icon pack from the gp32x file archive will still be getting the old 48.0kb one containing 36 icons, all the other info has been updated correctly. I've resubmitted the file and also renamed the .zip so hopefully it will get picked up correctly this time. :)

Back