Some Gp2x Questions - Level Of Mame Games For One!

pboreham

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I'm still debating getting an F100 over a F200 or a Wiz.

I prefer the stick (i know people hate it, but to me, the d-pad on the 200 looks worse) and the black colour.

The 200 is 'ok' but I have some questions before making a final decision...

1) What level of MAME games can the F100 run flawlessly? I prefer old school games, so I'm thinking the real basic like Robotron/PacMan, upto 1942, King of Boxer, Exciting Hour, Track & Field - up to something like Turtles, SFII and Wrestlefest?

2) Is the touchscreen worth having? I'll be honest and say the touch screen annoys me on the DS! Just a gimmick, so on the F200, is it used on Amiga games alot (Cannon Fodder/Syndicate etc) as a mouse replacement? If so, thats a bonus.

3) I cannot remember what it is called, but I used to have an emulator on the PC that ran Taito games mainly, like Chase HQ, Rainbow Islands, Wrestlefest etc - is that available of GP2x?

4) Is there a faq anywhere about the best games to get (community or commercial)?

I probably have more questions, but that will do for now.

What do you good people recommend? A cheap F100 - the dearer F200 or wait to see if I can get a Wiz next week? I'm worried about the Wiz due to it being a new launch - is it much more powerful?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I`d say wait, Especially with the release of the Wiz looming closer.

See what the general consensus is, Once users get their grubby mitts on it, Then make your decision.

Trooper

I think the F200 'dpad' (AKA not a dpad) looks dodgy too.

I had an F100 and an F100 MK2 (actually a couple of each) and the stick isn't good at all.

I would wait for the Wiz, or get an Dingoo A320 and wait for the wiz ;)

The Wiz should be quite a bit faster (30-70% Edit, actually I am unsure about that, just by the specs it could be even faster, I will be watching to see what happens), and the battery should be a lot better (li-ion), and smaller and lighter, and included.

Next week? Cool.

Ah well, took the plunge and picked up a F100 Mk2 with a load of accessories for under £80...

Well I'd still look into picking up a Wiz or Pandora later on. Half the fun is seeing what people develop for it, sometimes you can log in every day and there's new stuff!

'rokdcasbah' said:
Well I'd still look into picking up a Wiz or Pandora later on. Half the fun is seeing what people develop for it, sometimes you can log in every day and there's new stuff!
Yea, I probably will do.

After researching all these handhelds, I am very concerned about picking up a first-gen version of a new handheld. I'll wait till they iron out any probs first!

Back