[SOLVED] What is 223F?

vinipsmaker

Website
vinipsmaker.github.io
Mine unglued from the Pandora while I was fixing the right shoulder button.

board.png

I downloaded the schematics, but I cannot figure it out what does it do. And I didn't put the battery back, because I need to know how important 223F is (making me unable to play T_T).

And most of the components are hard to work with with an iron solder. I'm tempted to acquire a hot gun like this.

board.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a coil needed for the backlight of the display. Until it's resoldered, you'll have a dark screen.

If you need to get lead free solder flowing that is connected to the ground plane, you need a sondering iron with a high thermal capacity, a flat tip and also you can feed some leaded solder or flux into it to get it flowing.

I've heard that alloying your own half-leaded solders is a bad idea, as you don't know what mechanical properties you'll end up with, but I don't know how much of a danger that is. But personally I'd just get an iron that can go hot enough to melt the lead free stuff properly (which does have a significantly higher melting point, so old irons designed simply for leaded solder simply won't work well with them).

Well, maybe I worded that wrong.

I only wanted to suggest to add lead-free solder to remove the components or the solder itself. Not to to solder new parts with a mixture.

How easy is it to knock the coil off?  

Is there a way to prevent it from coming off the board?

Why do they keep falling off?

It's pretty sturdy normally, but it seems there was a batch of bad coils that easily break.

Back