[SOLVED] Shoulder button's broken

vinipsmaker

Website
vinipsmaker.github.io
Last night I broken my Pandora's shoulder buttons. I turned it on to check what was broken and it seems the only thing damaged are the shoulder buttons.

Today morning I bought the tool needed to open the Pandora and when I opened it, this is what I saw:

Foto0020.jpg

Foto0021.jpg

Only on of the buttons is broken and I can "click"/press the other one, but when I put the case all together, I'm unable to "click"/press the good shoulder. So I think the case might be displaced or I'm not putting everything as I should.

To fix the bad button, what do you guys suggest? When I got my Pandora, everything was working and I'll not send to dragonbox, because this was my fault (and I would miss my Pandora for 2 or more months). I don't know how to solder (and I won't do anything out of my control), but I do have more than one friend with this knowledge.

And to correctly put the case together, what can I do? I think I could use some paper or other non condutive material to maybe fix any possible gap, but I don't think there it is weird the only things wrong are the shoulder buttons.

Foto0020.jpg

Foto0021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The right (good) button looks slightly bent, but I wouldn't have thought it would stop it working. You should be able to see the action by putting the plastic button on half of it's hinge before putting the bottom back on, and observing whether it's pressing the part correctly.

As for the left one which has detached, do you still have the part? That may be in good enough shape to be soldered back on, as the break seems to be clean, but it depends how bent out of shape that got as part of being forced off.

Thanks Levi.

You should be able to see the action by putting the plastic button on half of it's hinge before putting the bottom back on, and observing whether it's pressing the part correctly.
I'll check that soon. Unfortunately I'll have to leave home now, but I'll check as soon as I can.

As for the left one which has detached, do you still have the part? That may be in good enough shape to be soldered back on, as the break seems to be clean, but it depends how bent out of shape that got as part of being forced off.
So it's (almost) just a matter of soldering. I'll bug my friends then.

=P

everything was working and I'll not send to dragonbox, because this was my fault (and I would miss my Pandora for 2 or more months).

You'd have to confirm this with ED but I doubt it would take 2 months to repair the shoulder buttons.

Good luck with the repairs :)

The right (good) button looks slightly bent, but I wouldn't have thought it would stop it working. You should be able to see the action by putting the plastic button on half of it's hinge before putting the bottom back on, and observing whether it's pressing the part correctly.
Yes, it was slightly bent. After I unbent, the "button case" fit correctly. Amazing how you were able to notice this info from a shitty camera image.

=)

My friend with soldering skils agreed to help me and tomorrow is the day. I'll keep you informed.

You'd have to confirm this with ED but I doubt it would take 2 months to repair the shoulder buttons.
1 month till the Pandora shipment to EvilDragon is complete. 1 month till I get my Pandora back. 1 day (if ED is not too busy) to fix the problem. And I was optimistic.

Back