[SOLVED] Swollen Battery

Sugarfix

As the title suggests, I've started to see the first signs of my battery swelling. I've been very careful not to leave it on charge for too long, mostly overnight then unplugging when I take it to work. And as I go to bet at around midnight and my son wakes me at 7am, it'v never really any longer than that.

So, my question is, is there any way to rescue my battery? I don't suppose for a second I can reverse any damage that's happened so far, but can I stop it getting any worse?

Actually, I've just looked at it and it seems to be worse already. I can see that the battery cover has already started to bow out in the middle quite considerably.

Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.

did you recently reflash to hotfix 6 alpha 4? i just did and the first charge i did on it, my pandora got uncomfortably hot although i dont see signs of swelling as of yet, but am on the lookout

Hope this answers your questions.
Cheers Sony,

I did a search before posting, but think I was searching for "swollen" and there the wonders of the English language mean that we have as many variations of as well as completely different words as Eskimos do for snow!

I've emailed OP to ask about the next steps.

did you recently reflash to hotfix 6 alpha 4?
Not yet, but I will be now!

wait, im saying my battery got hot AFTER alpha 4
Oh, I see.

I thought that HF6 included WizardStan's new battery charging optimisation routines and I assume that the additional heat you're seeing in your Pandora is the power dissipating via the unit rather than being pumped into the battery, avoiding any potential damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, I emailed openpandorasales this morning and I've already had a response form Jacquelyn to say they'll dispatch me a replacement.

Many thanks Jacquelyn. How quick was that?

That being the case, I'll mark this one as "[sOLVED]", if that's alright. :)

I tend not to lock these, in case anyone with a similar issue in the future wants to seek advice from those who solved things previously, but if you want it locked, I'm happy to do so.

No problem, I'm more than happy for it to stay open. In fact I'm going to do this:

swollen battery, swelling battery, bulging battery, puffy battery, battery swell, battery bulge, battery problem, battery issue, replacement battery

I'd have found the links that Sony kindly posted if I'd used other terminology in my search criteria! Hopefully this will make this easier for others to find later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI: I emailed OP on Monday. Got a reply from Jacqueline saying they'd send me a replacement battery in the post, which arrived this morning.

Many thanks again Jacqueline.

That was quick! Now that's customer service for you!!!
Damn straight!

I've never had an issue with my dealings with OP. That's not to say I don't believe anyone who says that they're having a problem with communication. I do believe that there's a big difference with "easy to solve" problems like mine where they can quickly pop a single item in the post to me compared to people chasing pre-orders.

Back