First Batch Pandora stopepd charging

Tootles

Still Fresh
I had a similar problem to this a few years ago, can't remember how I overcame it.

My Pandora is refusing to charge. I plug it in and the charging only light comes on for a few seconds, I can leave it on DC overnight and the battery runs out. I think it's dying or dead already.

Is there any support for this available? I'm unsure if it's my battery, the unit just not remembering how to charge, an issue in the OS, or what.

Do you use the old First Batch PSP Charger, where Electronics are between the Power Lead and the Sharging Cord, or do you have allready the new one where the Electronics are on the Power Lead and there is just one Cable??

This old third Party PSP Charger whe had for the First Batch wasnt the best one, so maybe you could try a First Party PSP Charger ??

have you tried USB charging? I had a charging problems a while ago where it stopped charging when going to sleep, in the end it was software related and I had to reinstall firmware

Do you use the old First Batch PSP Charger, where Electronics are between the Power Lead and the Sharging Cord, or do you have allready the new one where the Electronics are on the Power Lead and there is just one Cable??

This old third Party PSP Charger whe had for the First Batch wasnt the best one, so maybe you could try a First Party PSP Charger ??
It's the original charger as far as I remember. It takes a figure-8 input lead and has no branding on it. I have used a "true" PSP charger but it was about the same.

have you tried USB charging? I had a charging problems a while ago where it stopped charging when going to sleep, in the end it was software related and I had to reinstall firmware
Yes, it was on charge overnight on a USB line, behaved exactly the same.

I've been wondering if I'm going to need to reinstall the firmware. Not exactly thrilled about that, but I guess these things were designed to be un-brickable so it'll just be a matter of setting a couple of hours aside. I think I've done it before.

Have been wondering if it's just the battery - it is a decade old, after all. But then, the unit would at least report that it was charging, even if the battery wasn't taking the charge.

Let it plugged as long as needed.
Before I switched to USB last night, it was plugged in for a week. Over this time, it pretty much constantly charged to a couple of percent, stopped charging, ran out, and then repeated.

So maybe the charger don't deliver enough amperes.
Is the battery inflated ?

So maybe the charger don't deliver enough amperes.
Is the battery inflated ?
The battery's soft and squishy and has been all along, though usually it holds a charge very well. The case is made from paper. Doesn't appear to be swollen though. Maybe I should get a new one? Do they even sell them still?

What helped for me, is boot the machine without the battery, let it be on a little while to charge the charging chip, then switch off the pandora, unplug the power cord, re-insert the battery, insert the power cord and boot/charge as normal.
*Warning* Do not insert or remove the battery while the Pandora is connected to the adapter.

Charging is software controlled. Flashing might be a valid solution.
Mine actualy has the same problem but i am too busy to work on it atm.

If the battery is really dead, it can take 15-20 minutes of it sitting on the charger before it decides it has enough charge to start up. The LED is software control, so you won't see a charger light until it boots up.

One of my Pandora's needs to be connected to power (DC) and USB or it will not charge. Probably a hardware issue, but been doing it for a couple of years and still works fine.

Back