[Solved] How can I verify if my Pandora is the 1GHZ Edition or the Rebirth Edition?

Opp just sets the unit to a higher volage level.

On rebirth units opp5 indicates the highest level.

With the new soc in the ghz units, those levels changed, so even though you set it higher, it will have no effect as the highest level for the ghz units is 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just marked as Solved in the title.. with my awesome moderating powers.

Just marked as Solved in the title.. with my awesome moderating powers.
... With my even more awesomer mod powers I moved the '[solved]' to the start of the title to make it easier to recognise/navigate to in the topic list!!!

---

So on 600MHz units:

opp3 = spam

opp4 = eggs

opp5 = sausage

and in 1GHz units:

opp3 = foo

opp4 = bar

opp5 = bar

Or does opp5 not even exist on 1GHz units? Why do the settings allow you to choose opp5 but not leave any trace for systeminfo to pick up?

Remember when you're using the Maximum OPP slider it's only setting what the maximum level can be, not what it's actually set to. How it applies what over-volting level is done with some behind the scenes wizardry.. there is some kind of table it knows that at a Certain Mhz it sets the OPP to such level.

there was once a 600mhz pandora that could clock to 1300mhz. the thing was legendary in these parts of town. its has long disappeared though

Well try this, go to a terminal and type:

cat /proc/pandora/sys_mhz_max

if it reports back as 400 then it's a 1Ghz Model, if 332 it's a rebirth or classic unit.

This is the clock speed for the pll that controls the Memory and SGX speed.. from Notaz post on it..
From a customer 'peace of mind' point of view it might be worth running this check at boot and slightly modifying the existing splash screen to show whether it is a 1 Ghz or 600 Mhz Unit.

_wb_, pcsxrearmed uses a lot of neon, which will crash if you overclock too much.

I don't think any Rebirth unit can use the neon renderer at that speed.
The cpu stress test uses even more neon than pcsxrearmed. It is designed to make the cpu crash. Still, about half of the 600MHz rebirth units can clock to 1000MHz while running the stress test. Mine can do 999MHz. Nearly all of them can do 950MHz, and probably all of them can do 930MHz or so. There is no reported case of a 600MHz unit being able to clock higher than 1050MHz while running the stress test though. The highest one reported is 1017MHz. The lowest reported max overclock speed a 1GHz unit can have is 1157MHz. More data is needed, but it seems to be safe to say that no 600 MHz unit can reach 1100MHz and all 1GHz units can reach that speed.

Did you actually try to run pcsxrearmed at 1000 mhz with neon?

It crashes for me everytime.

The stresstest starts to produce errors at opp5 at about 920 MHz.

I think the stresstest is designed to catch the errors and handles them without locking up the system.

if it reports back as 400 then it's a 1Ghz Model, if 332 it's a rebirth or classic unit.

This is the clock speed for the pll that controls the Memory and SGX speed.. from Notaz post on it..
From a customer 'peace of mind' point of view it might be worth running this check at boot and slightly modifying the existing splash screen to show whether it is a 1 Ghz or 600 Mhz Unit.
Can this be implemented on the next release of Zaxxon?

Agree, this kind of details should be clearly mentioned somewhere when you bootup. 

Back