[SOLVED] Bible App

>> would this even show up on the Pandora Screen properly?

I was able to adjust it for my netbook at 800x600 so I do not see why I could not go further.

But I am hoping!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to port Xiphos.

But some of the dependencies failed to compile.

I got the dependencies to compile, but the buildscript for xiphos seems to be too retarded for cross compiling.

I got that far as well. Libgcrypt and Libgpg libraries - done. "sword" backend - built.

Xiphos. Got as far as the configure-script being Unable to determine version of g++. And have been informed it is a python problem as xiphos now uses waf for building.

Once again the Serpent bites! ;-)

Well, two solutions are finally here...

0) the prequel was to run Windows 3.11 in Qemu and then run an old copy of Quick Verse 4. Not efficient@all!

1) First off is that I installed Debian on an SD and then installed Xiphos from the Debian repository. Debian-on-an-SD is very easy albeit time-consuming to install. But gives you access to the Full Debian repo. My only catch was the Synaptic would not run from the menu but had to be run su from a terminal. Not a big deal.

2) The best is the answer to my original request. someone has finally and successfully made Xiphos into a PND. Worked great. Thanks...

Glad to see this was ported, I got caught on a bit of the cross-compiling gotchas and moved on to other things.

Organized Religion isn't my cup of tea, but glad someone got it working.

Xiphos has the advantage of using the crosswire project and allows download a MANY bible versions and helps in MANY languages and is used in repressive countries also as one can make their own copy of the module repos available offline or passed across borders on CD, etc. I also found it now is available on Android.

There is also a set of tools to import modules from other sources which I have done to bring my 1gb of material over from windows as I attempt to completely convert over all my stuff from windows to linux. At least as much as I can. My next computer will no longer have a Windows Partition and I am taking this time to learn the switch-over. WINE will always fill the small gaps but Linux is finally my primary operating system.

Thanks Y'all!

Pandora's box is really opening up now.

A bible app... well I hope it sells a helluvalot Pandora's !!!!

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kosmos, is Xiphos working fine on your Pandora? Because I have problem with the NET BIble (netfree): it is unreadable, because the text is mixed with commentaries (I tried it on a Windows Sword and looks fine, so it's not the module problem).

However it's a good software, it's not convenient for my type of usage. I think I could write something especially for Pandora, using the Sword library.

Kosmos, is Xiphos working fine on your Pandora? Because I have problem with the NET BIble (netfree): it is unreadable, because the text is mixed with commentaries (I tried it on a Windows Sword and looks fine, so it's not the module problem).

However it's a good software, it's not convenient for my type of usage. I think I could write something especially for Pandora, using the Sword library.

Has been working great. Brought some of my old modules over too. It is what I wanted all along.

3 weeks and no problems.

Back