*sob* I can't get my GP32 Set-up! Help!

Luckett X

Still Fresh
Right, so here I am sat with my christmas present. I go through the English Gamepark site, and attempt to run the stuff.

For a start, just giving me driver files is cheap, no installation program? Not sure if theyve installed properly. Im using Windows 2000.

Then this Authentication program, also didnt come as an Install, but just a simply program, that when run gives an error message and then no text. As such, I try anyway with my log in and password and submit, but I get told either 'GP DISCONNECTED' or 'USB NOT OPEN'.

I saw mention of putting the GP32 into 'PC Link Mode' but...how do I do that? I see no option on it.

Please help!

Scratch that, I'm a moron.

SMC screen says: NOW WAITING...

does this mean i have to install stuff onto it now just for it to recognise it as an SMC?

Right, now to wait while copious amounts of roms copy across! Tum-te-tum.

I do hope the Genesis emu is good. There seem to be more Snes emu's than Genesis ones? Any idea why?

Snes seems to be more popular, don't know why but I never relly like Sega systems myself either.

Go for the PC Engine emu (SUPERB) GPEngine and the Nes Emu's they are great as is Frodo and Castaway (Atari 800)

Drop a line with email address if you need help setting these up ;-)

You will love the GP32 it is great.

Merry Christmas
Ian

vic20-ian posted on Dec 25 2003 at 12:10 PM said:
Go for the PC Engine emu (SUPERB) GPEngine and the Nes Emu's they are great as is Frodo and Castaway (Atari 800)
Castaway is Atari ST. There is an Atari 800 emulator, though, and it's also pretty perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
*gah* *Hits self in face.*

Forgot to install this FreeLauncher thingy. No wonder :E

And...wow. This Genesis emu sucks ass so far, with constant resetting, and doesnt seem to want to run any games. Great! This is the main reason I bought a GP32, so am massively disappointed thus far, and will be having words with my friend who recommended it.

Hopefully the SNES emu will fare better...

You can't do anything with an empty SMC
What do you mean by that ? You have to copy things on your smc?
If yes, how since it's not yet installed ?

EDIT :

What a fool ! I didn't noticed that you could use pc link without your gp32 registered...

Back