Totally new haven't got a clue Gamepark

greekmick

Still Fresh
Hi Gameparkers

I am very new to this GP32 and have no idea on how anything works. I have managed to download and install Authentication wizard, the USB drives and PC link. I am having real trouble downloading free launcher from the website. The link on the website doesn't take me to any zip file, just a dead page. Would it have anything to do with when I open authentication wizard it brings up a box with a red cross and for me to click ok? When I enter my ID and password and submit it comes back registered. :unsure:

I have seen on this forum about obtaining free launcher by IRC. I downloaded the program to generate some numbers, but don't have a clue what IRC is or how it works(you wouldn't believe I work in IT) :unsure:

Please could someone help as I've had the machine for 2 weeks and I'm considering throwing us both out the window. :angry:

I had all of those EXACT same problems, and so when I got through it, I wrote a how-to for my website. This page is no longer linked to my site, but you can still view it here.

[The Article]

Of course I wrote this article when I was trying to use my GP32 with my mac. I now use a PC, and realize that for the most part, the issues are universal. This confusion has less to do with which platform you're using and more to do with crappy vagueness and instability of our much loved but not so professional Gamepark.

Thanks for the help, but I don't understand the following bit

"Now with your IRC client, connect to EFNet and join #GP32"

I don't have or know what a IRC client is, how do I connect to EFNet and then how do I join #GP32 :unsure: I have the ID number but don't know what to do with it.

I told you I didn't have a clue.

how about some googling? oh well. go to http://www.mirc.co.uk/ , download the app found there, install, run, and set up. after that, type this into the main window and press enter: /server efnet.demon.co.uk
after a pile of scrolling messages, do a /join #gp32
then you're in the channel you can do the !encrypt stuff in. good luck.

I really should visit sometime, I think. I idle on EFnet enough. I assume gamepark is having troubles with their site still (maybe they moved server?). The process isn't user friendly to begin with, but it's not completely dumbfounding by any means...my only other suggestion is check the link manually for obvious errors, if you can. I can't remember how much java or whatever the link has!

If you really want the free launcher, email me at bmd3287@adelphia.net and I will send it to you in an attachment...unless each free launcher is specifically made for each gp32. Is it? If so, I guess your pretty much screwed because the GP32 site is extremely F***ed up.

Thank you everyone for all your help especially jegHegy who deserves a medal. I now have free launcher on my console under games. Now I am having trouble playing any games on it. I was given a cd with emulators and roms on but don't know what to do with them. ;)

I warned you I was stupid but you didn't realise just how useless someone can be. I should have just bought a GBA like the other lazy people and be done with it. No, I'm not going to give up that easy, with your help I can beat this. :lol:

Back