So....what's In Your Nand?

Chewieshmoo

Still Fresh
GP2x FW 3.0

Well, I deleted the "help" videos and included games (I'm tired of them now) in my NAND memory.
I am considering filling it with more useful/desirable content, I ask all you good people, have any
of you put other files into your NAND memory? If so.........what's in YOUR NAND?

:p

edit: typos

read this: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=38333

orkie says there's a problem with the nand driver, it behaves sort of paranoid and goes around marking blocks bad. and like most storage, once those blocks are marked bad, the system silently avoids using them and allocates data to other ones.

it's probably not a big deal to toss an app or two to the nand, but it's a bad idea to fill it up, and it's a bad idea to put things on there that will keep writing to it, as over time the available space will shrink.

plus, there's little advantage to using it...linux calls one as /mnt/sd and one as /mnt/nand...so all in all the difference is two letters :) assuming your sd slot is fine and you can shell out for a card that's bigger than the NAND (64mb i think?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I carry on Nand:
software:
Nethack
Sterm
Zoltan2x
GMenu2x
Zn_Carder
Cpu_LCD tweak untility

mp3:
Torture_Soul_Asylum.mp3 (by Cradle Of Filth)

In my nand i keep a bunch of e-book in txt format, oldplay with .mods , tilematch and gpfce with a couple of nes classics, squidgenes with chronotrigger, sterm and enexfi...and of course gmenu2x...all that just in case in bring my gp2x withtout my sd-card in! ;)

Back