So What Games Can Be Played On Dosbox?

I know that newer games, even by the late 80s, probably won't ever be playable through DOSBox, simply because of the power needed to emulate DOS then playing a game through it.

So what I was wondering is what games were actually playable through DOSBox? The only early 80s PC DOS game I can think of is one that was called Alley Cat!

lol, thank you! Surprised at the level of some of the games that technically work even if they're not really playable. also funny to think little big adventure technically runs, just at 1fps!

Many thanks for the link, hopefully it can eek out a certain standard of playability in most of the 80s games. I suppose at that time (80s games) most games were also on consoles that are emulated perfectly well.

InsertFaveGameNameHere said:
lol, thank you! Surprised at the level of some of the games that technically work even if they're not really playable. also funny to think little big adventure technically runs, just at 1fps!

Many thanks for the link, hopefully it can eek out a certain standard of playability in most of the 80s games. I suppose at that time (80s games) most games were also on consoles that are emulated perfectly well.
quest for glory works great and kings quest just look at my blog and scroll at the bottom

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the posts but the whole thing is really confusing with these games you're setting up. I'd suggest you do what other people have suggested and just create a thread or post on the archive, a zip of config files and a list of the games inside it. That way you could have one entry you continually update of games you've gotten to a playable speed.

That would be highly valued in the community I reckon as DOSBox is so hard to get going properly people would appreciate the help.

Back