So, Say Gph Released A Sequel...

Anhaedra posted on Mar 6 2006 at 12:35 AM said:
Hmm could you explain why analog is bad for emulation? I've used an Xbox controller on my PC for emulating GBA, SNES and N64 and it wasn't bad.

Analog sticks for digital games are sloppy, laggy, imprecise, and generally make many games hard to control. I had a zodiac with analog controls and hated the controls in emulators, it was terrible. The best is a good D-pad or a decent stick for the digital stuff. Of course it would be nice to have both types of controllers like the PSP has only executed better. Since we are all dreaming here that is my dream, both analog and digital controls.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Mar 6 2006 at 02:24 AM said:
Anhaedra posted on Mar 6 2006 at 12:35 AM said:
Hmm could you explain why analog is bad for emulation? I've used an Xbox controller on my PC for emulating GBA, SNES and N64 and it wasn't bad.

Analog sticks for digital games are sloppy, laggy, imprecise, and generally make many games hard to control. I had a zodiac with analog controls and hated the controls in emulators, it was terrible. The best is a good D-pad or a decent stick for the digital stuff. Of course it would be nice to have both types of controllers like the PSP has only executed better. Since we are all dreaming here that is my dream, both analog and digital controls.
I would want either digital controls, or digital and analogue controls.

if i wanted the gp2x to be crazily better, then basically it would be a 30o0 mile bluetoothed range gp2x, why? Because the gp2x would simply be a display monitor and the controls just operate the hardware likea remote.

All it would be is a high resolution screen, with controls on it (kinda lookin like the gp2x now). I wouldnt have oled, because its not the best.

The reason for my wanting this possibility is because the next gp2x would just be like a portable screen and command unit for a PC! You control your pc (or 4ghz linux pc) with ati radeon or nvidia card, simply turn on the console and it will bluetooth directly to the pc up to a range of 3000 miles ;) the gp3x (?) would directly control the pc and it will display what the pc is displaying with no ping time or anything crap like that.

Play half life 2 and all those kind of things with the pop up roller ball ontop of the joystick. And there will be a roller ball in the middle of the a b x y buttons.

But seriously, something like that would cost lillions probably, and so would most other peoples ideas here. The gp2x is as it is to make it affordable and the best is can be for 130 bucks. So im happy as it is :)

but i really do like my idea tho ;)

GpDogg posted on Mar 6 2006 at 09:07 AM said:
if i wanted the gp2x to be crazily better, then basically it would be a 30o0 mile bluetoothed range gp2x, why? Because the gp2x would simply be a display monitor and the controls just operate the hardware likea remote.

All it would be is a high resolution screen, with controls on it (kinda lookin like the gp2x now). I wouldnt have oled, because its not the best.

The reason for my wanting this possibility is because the next gp2x would just be like a portable screen and command unit for a PC! You control your pc (or 4ghz linux pc) with ati radeon or nvidia card, simply turn on the console and it will bluetooth directly to the pc up to a range of 3000 miles ;) the gp3x (?) would directly control the pc and it will display what the pc is displaying with no ping time or anything crap like that.

Play half life 2 and all those kind of things with the pop up roller ball ontop of the joystick. And there will be a roller ball in the middle of the a b x y buttons.

But seriously, something like that would cost lillions probably, and so would most other peoples ideas here. The gp2x is as it is to make it affordable and the best is can be for 130 bucks. So im happy as it is :)

but i really do like my idea tho ;)
I'm gonna sound really anal but...
I don't think Bluetooth is fast enough for a dumb client

Built in chargeable battery (like DS)
better joystick
2 card slots
A stand in the pack (like PSP so you can stand it next to the TV when playing movies)
A better Manual ( this should be so easy to fix)
I like the OS other than the boot time - so quicker turn on and a good file manager app to look after the card
Next processor up or a single one

Back