Gph Stocks

Did it ever occur to anybody here to look at GPH's other products? In north america, they make gps systems, car parts, etc. They are bigger than you think. You are all correct about them making hit and miss decisions though. The game part of the company is only a small part. If any of you invested in stocks, you would know that. GPH has some potential, and they are a rapidly growing company.

p.s. I can't beleive someone invested in gizmondo stocks. Wow, that guy needs to be shot.

Did it ever occur to anybody here to look at GPH's other products? In north america, they make gps systems, car parts, etc. They are bigger than you think. You are all correct about them making hit and miss decisions though. The game part of the company is only a small part. If any of you invested in stocks, you would know that. GPH has some potential, and they are a rapidly growing company.

p.s. I can't beleive someone invested in gizmondo stocks. Wow, that guy needs to be shot.

GPH have not developed any other products then the GP2X. They have a reseller in Korea that sells it as an educational product, for learning English, but I don't beleive it has expanded beyond that.

Links?

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard they were within a few thousand of 30,000 but there is no way whatsoever that 50,000 will be sold by Christmas.

I've found that. Definitely 50k.
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/15/gp2x-sells-30-000-units/
and
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159783.html?...mp;subj=6159783
"The portable underdog reports surge in interest in the UK and first big-budget game release; sales expected to reach 50,000 by Christmas."

"Craig Rothwell, the Director of GP32/2x Distribution, is confident that sales will reach 50,000 by Christmas."

So, that are good news. :)

The game part of the company is only a small part. If any of you invested in stocks, you would know that. GPH has some potential, and they are a rapidly growing company.

good to know that there are investment bankers and analysts on this forum. Maybe I should invest in stocks too, then I would know all the details about GPH :D

Yeah the goal is 50k by christmas (or the new year of you like).

I'm not saying we will definitely do it, but we hope we will.

Most probably craig, Fatih and me would buy most of them... and they might be afraid of that (since we visited them... .P )

I would consider buying some too. Maybe this way I could have more influence on some design decisions. I could even promote it more in the US as there really isn't much US support for this device. Since I can mod/repair them too that would be a big plus. There needs to be a better US presence. It is pretty well handled in Europe but is weak here in the US especially since GP32Z is gone.

That is so unusual, Europe was always last and forgotten to receive new gaming systems etc. Only early Sega did remarkable in EU. They even invented DVD regions so they can make money first in USA in cinemas and later throw the same movie on dvd in USA and to European cinemas. That's why divx's are so good.... :)

And yes, USA is big market when it comes to games. In every major gaming system, the USA launch was the most important because it generates the most of profits. But they treated USA gamers rather like cash-plenty morons because at most cases some really great titles from Japan would never be ported to English - they wouldn't meet "typical" gamer needs... Remember Lunar - Silver Star 2 with Sega? Grandia on Saturn? Or official translation of FF6 (Snes FF3), when a big part of storyline was simply not ported... ?
Well, I'm sure that gp2x could sell well in USA. It's a big market and there's plenty room even for gp2x.

Yeah the goal is 50k by christmas (or the new year of you like).

I'm not saying we will definitely do it, but we hope we will.

Well I just helped, I am looking forward pretty eagerly to taking delivery of mine tomorrow :D

Now I need to find those EMUs and games I played on my atari....Pitfall anyone? Pretty sure I remember where those giant scorpions hide...

Alan

Back