So Long My Friends

jonezy1984

Well, about two years ago i bought a Wiz from Evildragon's shop, fantastic little device!
I mainly bought it because my dingoo A330 literally fell to pieces after week (from a height of three inches? great quality).
After the Wiz i wanted more, so i bought a Caanoo, the joystick wasn't an improvement in my opinion, but the dedicated USB port is.
I played them almost every week: Picodrive, ScummVm, PCSX Rearmed,... all great emulators and a thriving homebrew scene, i enjoyed it everytime.

Sadly,...

this friday 03/08, while i was out for work. My appartment was burglarized.
They took my laptop, harddisk, cellphone AND... both the Wiz & Caanoo.

I don't have the money to buy a new one (nor will i)+ the Wiz is a rare item these days.
i'm so sad... :( i miss them already (more than my laptop anyway)

so long guys, it's been fun

Oh this is bad luck :(. Hope they can find at least parts of your stuff.

rohezal said:
Oh this is bad luck :( . Hope they can find at least parts of your stuff.

Thanx, but i seriously doubt it, the cops in Belgium (where i live) are amongst the laziest of all european countries. so i'm not counting on it.
I have to stop living in the past, anywayz.

The thing is that a Wiz is really hard to find these days (especially in Belgium).
I'd like to ask everyone here on the forum, that if they find a Wiz (on ebay, etc), in dodgy condition,that's being sold from belgium, to plz send me a PM or e-mail.

(i would recognize the Wiz immediately, it has the steampunk background theme which i think not many people have, and i don't consider the burglars that smart that they would format the SD card).

If this helps me find those no-good, inbred *%£+! (censored, excuse my language) there's a little reward for who gave me the tip. (moneywise)

Also, i still have a few third party wiz and caanoo items that i want to give away to the community (you guys)...
a wriststrap, the original caanoo 4gb SD card, etc... & last but not least Caanoo/Wiz TV out cables...

I still miss them though,
the end of an era

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's any pawn shops or thrift/consignment stores near you I would check those out. Also, in the US we have what's called "renters insurance". It basically covers your possessions in case of theft or fire or whatever and alot of apartment complexes make it mandatory to have this before you move in. Did you have anything like that by any chance so you could recoup your losses?

I´m really sorry to hear of that...heck, thought Belgia was a free-burglar place!
I could be interested in that caanoo tv cable, but it feels horrible to say so, and I live the other side of the world.

Well, try and get whatever you can back, if not, let it go start anew.
There is a new console coming up GCW zero, so in a near future should you come back for the fix that seems like a great option.

Anyways, I´m sorry to hear that :(

Orion4874 said:
If there's any pawn shops or thrift/consignment stores near you I would check those out. Also, in the US we have what's called "renters insurance". It basically covers your possessions in case of theft or fire or whatever and alot of apartment complexes make it mandatory to have this before you move in.

Well that's a great idea :D
I have renters insurance, and i think it has more or less the same conditions as in the US.
Only difference i think is that you got to have receipts for everything stolen (or burned :( )
And the receipts where in the box(es) the burglars took :angry:
But,...
Maybe i can send Evildragon an e-mail explaining my situation and he can send me copies of those receipts. I think this might work.

And Erico:
Belgium's not such a bad place, food's good, lot's of different beers & everybody can speak English.
Only thing: the cops rarely do anything, except maybe write you a parking ticket <_<

Anywayz, thanx for the support guys , i really appreciate it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Really sad story. Even if your insurance will pay you the money for your gph devices, you'll have problems to find a decent Wiz, nowadays. Even worse, they will pay you probably what they call the current market value and it won't be easy to prove, that a Caanoo/Wiz is worth more than 30€. I don't think any insurance agent has ever heard of one of them.

Back