So I Just Bought One Of These Things....

Good rechargeables make a huge difference. Kind of like how it is with digital cameras - normal batteries just can't cope.

The rechargables that the GP2X now ship with arn't too bad for the time being. "designed for the GP2X", apparently, whatever that means.

Is anyone going to tell him the gp2x doesn't play .mp4 videos natively or am I missing something? I convert my mp4 podcasts to avi using "SUPER" as it's free and has one easy interface. I could upload the settings file I use for my gp2x if anyone is interested...

http://www.erightsoft.com/Superdc.html

super.gif

thanks for that, but that doesnt really concern me too much because i dont really have an .mp4 collection. its mostly just XviD movies and whatnot. all .avi. but thats nice to know if and when i come across some in the future.

Thanks for the idea of the monsterpack, never even heard of it til you mentioned it. I got a 2 gig sd card too, so this will be a good way to get me set up right away when my gp2x comes in (getting ready to order it now, sold of my old Axim x51v)

FooB posted on Mar 14 2007 at 02:25 AM said:
im not really worried about batteries for the time being. i wont really buy a set of rechargeable ones, ill just use the 4 that come with the gp2x, if they dont work however. i own a Wii, and along with it i bought this huuuuge pack of AA batteries for my wiimotes. i have a tin with about 70-odd AA batteries left in it. if i need some more, ill ebay some good ones.

*EDIT* Also, someone i know just told me he bought one of these back in late 2005, and it was shipped from a location that i apparently live right next door to. so hopefully it should arrive here rather prompt if they still reside there. score.
Um, regular AA batteries last 30minutes if you are really lucky. Unless they are Lithium Energizer2X's.

So 70x30mins= 35 hours play time if you can switch batteries every half-hour. Um, $20 will get you a charger and 4x AA 2500mAh NiMH, so I would do that, they run between 3 and 4 hours per charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back