So I Finished Narcissu

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
Yeah I decided to watch/read narcissu.
The story really dragged me in, but some of the scientific words that they used when discribing stuff was unecessary. I loved the voice that Setsumi had! It was nice, but sometimes murmed, good acting. (I watched the voiced version)

Anyone else read this novel? It was pretty damn good, the second last chapter made me cry and soon after that chapter I went to bed meh. Then I woke up to christmas bathed in the glory of it all.. etc.. then settled down to watch the last chapter, ended it well with the final line, and the picture where you finally get to see the guy!

I like how it didnt show his face heh, that aspect of anime really tells you something.

This novel reminds me of a combination of both Onegai Teacher, and Air (another story that made me cry.) I suggest the movie, since I thought it was better than the series.

It was like the aspect of the stand still in teacher please, and the unchartered love of air....

Man that sounded weak, oh well expossing your self is a good thing isnt it? Im too soft hearted for a guy I guess..

*Dont worry, the links dont lead to any downloads, its strictly a information site!, and I wondered where to post this topic since thetre isnt really a 'Game' Discussion section :)

I was just thinking of making a thread to discuss this visual novel but you beat me to it! I loved reading/watching narcissu and plan on doing so again (i did the voiced version first, i will do the unvoiced next. The text in them is actually quite differently worded, but the points appear to be the same).

I didn't cry, but some parts of it sure made me feel like crying.

The thing that really bugged me after reading/watching this is that the protagonist just let setsumi kill herself. It seemed pretty obvious to me that she wanted him to stop her (remember her story about the narcissis? About someone who could only repeat what someone else said, and she loved this guy but he would never say 'I love you' so she couldn't either....). But i suppose it's meant to feel that way, that the story doesn't follow the normal path and just have everything end happy (or happier at least).

Have you read any of the other visual novels? I have read every one except for the second one in ' I, Too, Saw Dreams Through Air' because it wouldn't display properly on the gp2x.

deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 26 2005 at 05:20 PM said:
I was just thinking of making a thread to discuss this visual novel but you beat me to it! I loved reading/watching narcissu and plan on doing so again (i did the voiced version first, i will do the unvoiced next. The text in them is actually quite differently worded, but the points appear to be the same).

I didn't cry, but some parts of it sure made me feel like crying.

The thing that really bugged me after reading/watching this is that the protagonist just let setsumi kill herself. It seemed pretty obvious to me that she wanted him to stop her (remember her story about the narcissis? About someone who could only repeat what someone else said, and she loved this guy but he would never say 'I love you' so she couldn't either....). But i suppose it's meant to feel that way, that the story doesn't follow the normal path and just have everything end happy (or happier at least).

Have you read any of the other visual novels? I have read every one except for the second one in ' I, Too, Saw Dreams Through Air' because it wouldn't display properly on the gp2x.

Yeah, I found it wierd that he didnt stop her, but then again he knew she was fading away anyway and I guess thats how he felt.

I was thinking about getting more of them, but right now im too busy with personal stuff like shopping/hanging out and play like a few mins before I go to bed :) The neat thing is though, that I got my 2500mah batteries now ill be able to enjoy it once some things settle down heh.

Anyway, im going out now someone should put a post about having a seperate section to discuss games on the gp2x. But I wont.. since alot of people hate me for silly reasons, so im asking someone to do it? perhaps hehe.

Happy New Year man. Im also interested in writting a novel perhaps if it isnt too hard, I took a break on learning python kekeke.

Last edited by a moderator:
You like both Narcissu and Air? We share the same interests, it appears. o-o
I just watched the final episode of Air last night, man, it really brought tears to my eyes. <.<
I just installed the two Air in Summer episodes, and just bought Kanon (the anime) of ebay. :)

I agree, but the protagonist had to let her go either way, she was dying, and he would follow soon after... The part about Setsumi finally becoming what she craved for was beautiful though, atleast she died being happy, the first time in her life.

Draken posted on Dec 27 2005 at 11:45 AM said:
You like both Narcissu and Air? We share the same interests, it appears. o-o
I just watched the final episode of Air last night, man, it really brought tears to my eyes. <.<
I just installed the two Air in Summer episodes, and just bought Kanon (the anime) of ebay. :)

I agree, but the protagonist had to let her go either way, she was dying, and he would follow soon after... The part about Setsumi finally becoming what she craved for was beautiful though, atleast she died being happy, the first time in her life.

Yeah tears. *Garsh, lookie are names too haha.

And get the air movie, they actually fall in love in it. Both good though.
The series tosses in a few random characters :p

Haha, you're right, I didn't notice our names before. :p

Yeah, I was planning on downloading it tonight or tomorrow, when I get access to my other pc again. :)

I actually heard it was more sad, but if they fall in love, that's good news. ^^
The piece in which yukito leaves her and misuzu's all alone was so sad.
I downloaded some anime from the misu-net.com site after I got Narcissu from it.
I tried Wind first, then Air. At first I was like "Yeah, pretty cute, nice art, funny." But once at episode 4, it got so much deeper.

Can't wait till Kanon and Elfen Lied arive. =)

Draken posted on Dec 28 2005 at 08:04 AM said:
Haha, you're right, I didn't notice our names before. :p

Yeah, I was planning on downloading it tonight or tomorrow, when I get access to my other pc again. :)

I actually heard it was more sad, but if they fall in love, that's good news. ^^
The piece in which yukito leaves her and misuzu's all alone was so sad.
I downloaded some anime from the misu-net.com site after I got Narcissu from it.
I tried Wind first, then Air. At first I was like "Yeah, pretty cute, nice art, funny." But once at episode 4, it got so much deeper.

Can't wait till Kanon and Elfen Lied arive. =)

Elfen Lied is good. I watched it in both english dubs and japanese w/ subs.
Never seeen Kanon, or wind but ill eventually get them :)

Kanon is from the same creators of Air, apparantly it was their first game and made them popular. :) Also, Air is supposed to be even better then Kanon, and the other one they made later (Clannad) is supposed to be even better then air. :)

Wind - a breath of heart - is nice, but too much of the jokes like rambling people, huge sweatdrops, etc, which I can't stand. :) So far as I've watched (ep 8), it's about a girl in love with this guy, though this guy apparantly doesn't notice the subtle hints. e.e

Draken posted on Dec 29 2005 at 05:01 AM said:
Kanon is from the same creators of Air, apparantly it was their first game and made them popular. :) Also, Air is supposed to be even better then Kanon, and the other one they made later (Clannad) is supposed to be even better then air. :)

Wind - a breath of heart - is nice, but too much of the jokes like rambling people, huge sweatdrops, etc, which I can't stand. :) So far as I've watched (ep 8), it's about a girl in love with this guy, though this guy apparantly doesn't notice the subtle hints. e.e

Sounds refreshing :D Im actually watching school rumble right now, its so hilarious heh.

I don't know why exactly you think about "a convo/Oral Sex/Anal" when we're talking about anime series, and the original topic: Narcissu, but I asume it has something to do with you being banned twice, or technically five times, and being given the name of gp32x troll. :)

So... Silence! :p

I've never heard or School Rumble before. I only got in anime recently, actually. Thanks to Misu-net and animesuki. (I did buy FF-U a while ago though, was pretty cute. =)

no! I was refering to the fact that they are basically having a conversation between just them self which could be much more useful and not wasting of space n a public forum byt being conversed over a chat program. I know that it does not have sexual material in it because i read it (they would know that if they read my above post instead of doing each other up the ass in this thread and not paying attention to any other posts).

sam fisher posted on Dec 30 2005 at 11:04 AM said:
no! I was refering to the fact that they are basically having a conversation between just them self which could be much more useful and not wasting of space n a public forum byt being conversed over a chat program. I know that it does not have sexual material in it because i read it (they would know that if they read my above post instead of doing each other up the ass in this thread and not paying attention to any other posts).
:wub:

Anyways :) I just got into anime like a year or so ago so Ive only begun to scratch the surface as well. I like the subbed versions. Like the narcissu w/ the voices is pretty neat.

Ones that im currently watching are:
Black Cat
Shakugan no Shana
School Rumble
Naruto

They are all pretty damn good, a wide variety of Genre in them too ;)
Im also going to get wind and kanon as you suggested hehe.

sam fisher posted on Dec 30 2005 at 08:04 PM said:

You are referring to this?

Narcissu........ Too Sad...........

Well then, I'll be so kind to reply on it. :)

Yeah, Narcissu is quite sad, though the ending is kinda 'happy' sad, gotta love it.

Of that list, I've only heard of Naruto, which looks kinda nice, but it's licensed so it's a no download of animesuki, and buying all the dvd boxes might be pricey. :p
(The only anime we get are: Pokemon, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Gundam Wing, and a bit ago, sailor moon. :) )

I always watch anime and stuff in the original voices with subs, instead of dubs, it's more fun that way, and I might pick up a few words too. (not that I'm trying to be an otaku or anything)

sam fisher posted on Dec 31 2005 at 01:53 PM said:
I give up your feable mortal brains lack sufficient neuron saturation to grasp my concept.
No, you just lack sufficient brainpower to come out with something intelligent

Goity posted on Dec 31 2005 at 02:28 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Dec 31 2005 at 01:53 PM said:
I give up your feable mortal brains lack sufficient neuron saturation to grasp my concept.
No, you just lack sufficient brainpower to come out with something intelligent
You all know for what Visual novels were invented... <_<

Draken posted on Dec 31 2005 at 05:09 AM said:
sam fisher posted on Dec 30 2005 at 08:04 PM said:

You are referring to this?

Narcissu........ Too Sad...........

Well then, I'll be so kind to reply on it. :)

Yeah, Narcissu is quite sad, though the ending is kinda 'happy' sad, gotta love it.

Of that list, I've only heard of Naruto, which looks kinda nice, but it's licensed so it's a no download of animesuki, and buying all the dvd boxes might be pricey. :p
(The only anime we get are: Pokemon, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Gundam Wing, and a bit ago, sailor moon. :) )

I always watch anime and stuff in the original voices with subs, instead of dubs, it's more fun that way, and I might pick up a few words too. (not that I'm trying to be an otaku or anything)

Anisuki is lame :p I only use that for mai otome hahaha, i use A-S (supports all kind of anime), and I use dLan, and... I also use Bak(best site.)

Naruto is LONG its like 200+ episodes hehe.

I know like 50 diff phrases alone from watching anime with subtitles :) im so otaku.

Yeah the animes I get on tv are kind of lame too, same as yous but gundam wing isnt bad at all in english.

Back