Narcissu

Eridger

I'm not sure how many people have checked this game out. I'm not even sure how many people have heard the term 'visual novel' before. But for those that like reading, this genre of computer games are absolutely, breathtakingly enthralling, if Narcissu has anything to say about it. The people behind it really seemed to have put their soul into this game.

Without going into too much detail, Narcissu is a visual novel about, well, inevitability. There are no miracles in this story, and no blatantly happy endings. I would say that this game is a must-play (although 'play' is not exactly the right term) for anyone who loves to read.

It's been ported to the Pandora sort of recently by EvilDragon, but Windows and Linux versions available on the game's website.

I'd love to port more games like these, and it seems that the makers of this game have have quite a few more. 'Course if someone beats me to it I wouldn't object. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
On your recommendation I've downloaded it. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

On your recommendation I've downloaded it. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

I wrote this right after playing it, while I was making my bed (sick day :( ), so I plan on doing a full review of it when I can, likely tomorrow. It's an amazing little game.

I'd love to port more games like these, and it seems that the makers of this game have have quite a few more. 'Course if someone beats me to it I wouldn't object. ;)
The Narcissu pack is actually just Narcissu's data wrapped with the ONscripter port. This means you could actually download other ONscripter games for the pandora without the need for porting them. :)

Yuppa. ONscripter, best opensource way for visual novels honestly.

As for Narcissu, perfect VN, loved it. Nicely told story.

The Narcissu pack is actually just Narcissu's data wrapped with the ONscripter port. This means you could actually download other ONscripter games for the pandora without the need for porting them. :)

Yeah, I was reading about ONscripter just a second ago. This sounds like just the thing someone as un-smart as I am can do. :p

Back