GP2X So, Developing For The Gp2x

Girvo

Still Fresh
Hi there. I have recently ordered my own brand new GP2X and am waiting for it to arrive. Yay :)

I am a hobby programmer. I develop for the PC using SDL and a custom written 2d engine for SDL. I enjoy doing it a lot, and would LOVE to develop for the GP2X.

The question I have is, is there some sort of emulator for the GP2X? So I can test out and develop the games on my PC before transferring them to the GP2X? Thanks :)

-Girvo

Hi there. I have recently ordered my own brand new GP2X and am waiting for it to arrive. Yay :)

I am a hobby programmer. I develop for the PC using SDL and a custom written 2d engine for SDL. I enjoy doing it a lot, and would LOVE to develop for the GP2X.

The question I have is, is there some sort of emulator for the GP2X? So I can test out and develop the games on my PC before transferring them to the GP2X? Thanks :)

-Girvo

You can just use the official sdk and you can compile it for windows then use the same code and compile it for the gp2x without changing any code except for a simple ifdef statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back