snes mhz?

whodahell600

could someone tell me if 156mhz is enough to play snes (or Genises) full speed.

thx in advance

156 MHz with SNESemu gets anywhere from 20 to 35 FPS depending on the game, which is more than enough. SNES9xGP really isn't very playable with sound enabled (it's fine with it turned off, though.) Genesis is a bit slow due to the fixed frameskip, but it's not serious.

By the way, at 172 MHz:
-SNESemu is fast enough to run almost anything smoothly.
-SNES9xGP is 70~100% at FS3 with sound (and oftentimes 100% at FS2 without.)
-GenesisMu is roughly 85~100%.

Remember that some games (especially RPGs) are more playable at high frameskips than, say, racing or platforming titles. Final Fantasy 6 looks fine even at FS5 or 6 (which allows for close-to-100% speed with sound.)

I USE SNES9X OVERCLOCKED AT 156MHZ AND FIND NEARLY ALL SNES PLATFORMERS AND SHOOTERS VERY PLAYABLE. BEAT EM UPS SLIGHTLY LESS SO BUT THATS JUST COS I'M CRAP AT THEM! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT RACING GAMES AS I CAN'T THINK OF ANY 16BIT RACING GAMES I MIGHT STILL WANT TO PLAY.PERHAPS SOME ONE COULD RECOMMEND SOME ;)

I've said this before and I'll say it again (and I know, I never check to see if anyone replies!)...if you only want a GP32 for full speed SNES and Genesis emulation, with or without sound, you're going to be disappointed.

That is, unless you're willing to compromise or you're very patient. It won't run RPG's full speed, but it'll run some stuff like F-Zero, Super Off-Road maybe..the smallest stuff. It won't run fast enough to impress people, but if you REALLY want to play something, I'm sure it's fine.

Back