Snes Emulation

martymcfly

Hey guys, thanks alot for the help you have given me as i overcome obstacles with my new toy! this community impresses me greatly.

One thing i do find very annoying is that pocketsnes runs everything i want 100% perfect. However, super mario all stars will run, but the menus at the beginning to choose what game you want are completely messed up and unviewable! I have tried different roms to check it wasnt a bad rom, and have tired all options such as transparancies etc. I'm at my wits end with it lol, as wiki says it should be fine. Anybody else had this issue/know how to solve it? Cheers.

martymcfly posted on Mar 25 2007 at 10:46 PM said:
However, super mario all stars will run, but the menus at the beginning to choose what game you want are completely messed up and unviewable! I have tried different roms to check it wasnt a bad rom, and have tired all options such as transparancies etc. I'm at my wits end with it lol, as wiki says it should be fine. Anybody else had this issue/know how to solve it? Cheers.

Earlier versions of SquidgeSnes had no problem with it.. but all recent SNES emulator releases have had that problem, it is odd

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they don't tell you on the wiki that the menu gfx are corrupted.

But just ignore that, it runs just fine after the menu. If you look close enough you can tell what you're selecting.

You could try it on NkSNES, it might fix that, but it would be much slower.

Actually, it's only Super Mario All-stars + World where the corruption happens. If you use the standard NTSC version (U) [!] without world there is no graphical corruption.

Hmm crap, it worked great getting mario all stars on its own. I then got mario world on its won. Worked great. Yoshis island just goes to a black screen tho! Absolutely gutted :-(

yoshi's island makes use of some special chipset. It is not supported and it is not clear if it will be supported. As far as I know, it is partly working on gpsp, maybe it even runs fine with the latest release, not sure. Try that!

CHeers, yeh i read up about the chipset. Ah well lol. Megadrive is doing it more for me at the moment anyway, flashback!

Back