How To Remove Winhound?

T

Thomas Dequinas

After I've got some spyware and downloaded some good anti-spyware programs, for some reason this gay program WinHound pops out of nowhere, I never even downloaded it. I remove it and find out it has reinsalled itself again and pops up to check my PC. Now I just want this stupid thing to stop, it's pretty annoying.

I've done some searches on google and find it is obviousl some sort of spyware detector but I already have just about everything I need, I don't want this crap doing this every time I start up my PC. If anybody knows how to solve this problem, that would be greatly appreciated B).

After I've got some spyware and downloaded some good anti-spyware programs, for some reason this gay program WinHound pops out of nowhere, I never even downloaded it. I remove it and find out it has reinsalled itself again and pops up to check my PC. Now I just want this stupid thing to stop, it's pretty annoying.

I've done some searches on google and find it is obviousl some sort of spyware detector but I already have just about everything I need, I don't want this crap doing this every time I start up my PC. If anybody knows how to solve this problem, that would be greatly appreciated B).

There might be an entry for it or an associated program in your startup items. Run msconfig and uncheck all the startup items, then uninstall the program again. Keep all the items unchecked and reboot, then see if it comes back. If it does, try the same thing under Services (check off "Hide all Microsoft services" first).

Not sure what else you can try. Maybe download the latest patches from MS, take your computer off-line, then patch the bastard. It might be reinstalling itself through a remote exploit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, this has pretty much solved my problem. No wonder I couldn't use msconfig, it wasn't included in Win 2000 so I had to download that and everything's fine.

Back