Snes emu?

hando

Chief Editor
Website
www.gp32x.com
I dont remember where exactly (gp32dev or gp32users mailist) someone has mentioned that it is possible that there is not 1 but even two Sens emu in production. Does anyone has more information about it ?

somebody mentioned a snes9x port in the mailing list - but i guess he was kidding ;)
i also remember somebody saying he's working on a snes emu at #gp32dev ...

that's all i know, more information would be nice :)

edit:
hehe, know i know intelecto wasn't kidding

Well I played the port of the SNES9x emu on the gp32. its unplayable, but it loads; it loaded up Demons Crest and it only took about 10 minutres to get to a part to play (it was going at 1fps....)

Anyway I think this just about proves that SNES9x is not a good source for a GP32 emu. Its written in C++ and C, to get anywhere near a playable frame-rate the GP32 will need an SNES emu written in assembler (like ZSNES). But thats just my 2 cents on the matter.

are you sure you got just 1fps? the "1" in the upper-left corner is the button-scheme-number...

i think speed is not bad considering its fully c/c++ and already emulates sound (but doesnt output it yet) and its running at 66mhz...

megaman x1 is quite "playable", i played half of the 1st level :) it's running at about 10-20% speed i think.

Well I did only test it on Demons Crest which as I understand it a pretty tough cookie to emulate. also how do you know it emulates the sound if it doesn't output? seems kind of pointless to waste cycles on emulating the sound if there isn't any output....

but I haven't played it since (and I was just giving an estimate on the framerate, it might have been slower). From the time I pressed the jump button to the time the character jumped was about 3/4 seconds.

I'll just wait a few more generations of maturing before I mess with it again. Lots of other cool emu stuff to play with. Like the wonderswan color emu. :)

Back