Sneak Peak Of Yahtzee V2.0

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
I mentioned in my Round Em Up release post I was toying with the idea of updating one of my older games Yahtzee which I made not long after the GP2X was released. It was a very quick port with early SDL libs and was pretty crap compared to the original version on the GP32. I wanted a proper version to play as this is one of my favourite games so a few hours later it ended from looking like this:

yahtzee4.png

to this:

yahtzee-v2-2.png

Apart from the overall change in the design of the menus and in-game, the game has a few changes that bring it up to date. First and most importantly is that it now supports mouse and touch screen input so you can now play the game much easier and faster. It now has my little media player I originally used in Squares so you can now play all your favourite MP3 and OGG format files, I will try and update the code so it is a bit more user friendly in setting up the music paths. It should also have some sound effects like menu clicks, rolling the dice etc. something that the original didn't have as the music libs were not working properly back then. I will also add a highscore table and a few other minor improvements over the coming days. edit - I forgot to mention the game supports up to eight players.

If all goes well the release should be some time next week. If you have any suggestions if you played the original Yahtzee (see http://www.emuboards.com/guyfawkes/yahtzee.htm) please let me know and I will try and implement them.

This is good to hear! :)

Yahtzee is still one of my favorite "pick up and play" games along with Blingo. I'll be watching this one.

This looks very nice and clean Guyfawkes, just make sure the light green font is visible against the background on the MK2's screen ;)

Yeah I noticed it earlier, I haven't tried the game on GP2X yet but it is almost certain the light green font for the score helper is not bright enough. I will probably change it to the brighter colour used in 'PLAYER ONE' text.

I sent out a preview release to the people who replied to this post and a few others and the feedback is good so far, so I am happy :) I think I have completed everything I wanted to add to the game so I am doing some final testing today and the release should be later today or tomorrow.

Back