Snake On Dope

NEIL L

Just got my Wiz a few days ago (from jackofallgames through Ebay-delivered next day :D )
I've been trying to track down 'SOD' for it, the official site doesn't seem to let me download anything!
Another question is there anyway to shortcut games instead of browsing through all the files on the SD card?
OK, back to playing Quake 1 & the mission packs. (Until a speccy emulator appears!)

I changed the runtime and uploaded the game to the archive. I hope Ruckage don't gets angry with me... :rolleyes:

Grab it here.

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
, but when I try to start it it just goes back to the menu screen. :(

PS. I've sussed out the shortcut/icon problem now. (I just resize them to 22x25 with paint"]
Check your .gpe file by opening it with text editor/viewer.
Most error with Ruckage games are about assigning Fenix directory.[/quote]Thanks for the help, but it makes no sense to me. :huh:
The text file says:

#!/bin/sh
cd ../runtime
./fxi ../Dastardlydungeon1.5/dastardly_gp2x_1.5.dcb
sync
cd /usr/gp2x
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

You downloaded the file from the GP2x archive, right? You must change the Fenix runtime now. Delete the folder "runtime" and copy the folder "runtime" from Snake on Dope. That's the easy way.

Alternative you can change the path to the runtime folder in the script just as mittens says...

Regards,
Stephan

No, I downloaded it from the link above,
The Wiz version of Dastardly Dungeon isn't on the file archive yet (all the other Ruckage games are though)
It would be nice if a working version was (hint, hint)
I'll try what you said (as soon as the wife gives my Wiz back) and let you know how I get on.
Thanks for the help :D

I've managed to get my Wiz back.
The Dastardly Dungeon folder never had a runtime in it, there was a seperate runtime in the above ZIP.
I tried this in the DD folder with no luck, I also tried the runtime from SOD aswell, still the same result. (they both look the same to me!)
It goes to the loading screen for a few seconds then goes black and returns to the menu screen :angry:

Sorry, but that's the original file I downloaded. I only tried to run DD, I already had the others.
Where's Sbock when we need him (he might fix it and upload it to the archive if we're lucky!)
Cheers for your help anyway.

So what exactly is the problem? That zip I linked to all the games work perfectly.
Sorry , but it was probably my fault. I'm starting to suss out how it all works (slowly!"]

Thanks for putting it up on the archive pbock, I put the gpe inside the dastardly_dungeon folder and it works fine :D[/quote]Ups, sorry. File updated...

Back