Smsplus

CyberAxe

ive stuck smsplus on my gp2x but everytime i run it it just goes black a mouse curser appears in the top left then exist back to menu does anyone know how to get it working? the readme is not very helpfull

I've got even better.
my roms show up on a skinned background, but the whole thing freezes instantly whenever I select one. At least you get back to the menu.

I'm just going to wait for the next release. godzilla is the only game I care about on the sms/gg anyway.

I have the same problem as you Reaperman :( It seems to freeze when you select a game to play. I do have the Libaries installed, and on firmware 1.2.1. Tried putting the game files within the g:\emulators\smsplus and in g:\roms\sms. Still get the same problem. Any suggestions as searched on the forum to find a answer but to no avail.

Regards,

Chris

i have the SDL installed

could someone who has it working give their file and directory locations please

for those whom are still having problems i have gotten it to work but not via the frontend

Code:
mount /mnt/sd -o remount,sync
cd /mnt/sd/GP2x/Applications/Emulators/smsplus/
/mnt/sd/GP2x/Applications/Emulators/smsplus/sms_sdl "/mnt/sd/GP2x/Applications/ROMs/GameGear/Taz-Mania - The Search for the Lost Seabirds.gg"

/mnt/sd/GP2x/Applications/ReturnToMenu.gpe

that will allow you to boot any sms or gg rom however there does seem to be a problem that when you exit out of smsplus you have to reboot otherwise you cant run any more scripts

the last bit is just a pointer to a generic script which tells it to sync and return to the menu and such

also i have not been able to get it working with zipped roms though the obvious solution would be to get a gp2x unzip tool and have it unzip the rom then run the game then delete on exit

I've not had any problems with the prev versions and the latest v0.5, Seems to work great.

Mines in Emu/MasterSystem and the roms are in Emu/MasterSystem/Roms (Although the menu defaults to Emu/MasterSystem)

i only have 0.3 it doenst have 0.5 on the file archive is there an official site?

thanks, ive just ran and zips work now but i found a bug in smsplus when you press select to exit it doesnt deinitialize the audio so sound is disabled over the system till you reboot and causes smsplus not to load cos it gets an audio initialization error

(i ran the serial to usb program to find this out)

anyone know if thers a way to manualy reset the audio or what ever to fix this untill it is fixed within the emulator itself?

Back